sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Furd Prerunner - Kyosho Outlaw Rampage

Default Furd Prerunner - Kyosho Outlaw Rampage

Hello children. I got myself a small japanese offroad thing. It’s a Kyosho Outlaw Rampage Pro kit. It’s got a motor on it’s dang rear axle, but it seems to work well, and it still looks kinda nice. Bought it to run with my kid’s brushed Slash - so I wanted to keep it non-fancy, but I had to do some compromising and sabotaging.

I really like it. This guy FXman at this other interwebs place put a SCX10-type axle and tranny on it to eliminate the motor-on-axle, which made it look effin preposterously sweet, but I kinda wanna just drive this thing and film it in slow-mo like the other boys.

The kit is "70%" pre-built, I got to fill shocks and a couple more things. Had some wheels and electronics in a drawer that oughta do the trick.

Couldn’t figure out how many turns this motor is, impossible to tell by it’s exterior.

Gyyyyyyd.

I know, my coloring skills are humbling. The body for this thing is in the generic/vague category, but what if it was Fords?

The stock grill is cool, but also very generic

Now is Forder

Nice job on the body. I am really intrigued about this kit. When it was released I was excited by the scale dimensions and the long travel front 2wd setup. The motor-on-axle kinda disappointed me though.

Maybe I should get over it and get myself one to put a hard-body on. Then I can have one RC that goes faster than a brisk-walking pace.
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

Well, the argument is the MOA eliminates torque twist and COG issues when jumping and hitting moguls, and it does drive really well, looks hella scale. Like I mentioned, that mod with the SCX10 axle looked crazy cool. Tempting to buy another kit and go hardbody and onboard motor!! But, this is my basher for now. Maybe next year.

I lost ONE headlight lens... d————-oh!!

Bit of a body lift going here. Would have to mangle the grill if I were to lower it.

Looks great! Great job.

Thanks for the compliments on the bod! I really like this thing. One thing I have to warn any potential buyers about, is that some of the steel hardware is really soft. The Kyosho plastic is hard and sturdy, and I’ve stripped a few allen heads going into it, just adjusting the body mounts. Really annoying. Luckily I have hella screws

It’s pretty much done! Gonna put something behind the grill, and some lights in the buckets mayhaps. Grill mangled, body lowered. Did some donuts. Yeehaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Daoger View Post
    This picture...
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

Great looking prerunner

Thanks! People like that pic! Issa nice

Did some electronicking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast