sbg  

AE Element

Thread: Axial SCX24 one week broken :(

Default Axial SCX24 one week broken :(

Hey everyone Im new here and this is sadly my first post lol.

I bought an scx24 because at the moment I dont have the funds for a 10th scale rig and when I do get another itll be like my last trx4 and ill have hundreds into it haha.

Anyways, running the scx earlier (in snow) its stock and I know they arent water proof but as I was driving I acted as if almost the battery had hit lipo cutoff as if it had died so I charged it up threw it in steering servo worked however I have no forward or backward movement.

I then tried giving it some help by spinning the tires by hand while giving it throttle, sure enough it moved, barely at all and when I stop I cant get it going again. Pulled the motor and it spins freely however when I hooked it back up to the esc/reciever it wouldnt spin without it being hooked up to the drivetrain? Could it be as simple as a replacement motor or is it esc/reciever related? Anyone else run into this?

Any help/tips/tricks are appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the throttle trim on your radio. Sounds like it's dialed in too low.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Check the throttle trim on your radio. Sounds like it's dialed in too low.
    Trim was set on high still no movement. Any other things to check? My motor disconnected turns fine so im almost guessing it isnt the motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you figure anything out on this? I am having a similar problem with mine. Moves in reverse but barely at all in forward. Plus if you turn the radio off with the truck still on it goes full speed in reverse. Also the esc seems to be getting fairly warm fairly quickly. Almost makes me think something with the drag brake?

First guy probably got moisture into the electronics and smoked off some parts in the esc. At least the rx and servo still seems to work so it's not all the parts. If you put power from battery directly to motor it should still spin, bad esc. Electronics make heat, snow is water, water is bad for electronics. Upgrade, look into something more waterproofed for your driving style.

Second guy, Why would you *ever* turn off the Tx before the car? Check your trims, maybe do an esc range calibration if the stock one can do that. A Drag brake just tries to keep motor in 'locked rotor' so the car doesn't roll when not being given power commands. Your esc doesn't sound happy either.

There's also no drag brake in this ESC, as the axles are worm drive.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    There's also no drag brake in this ESC, as the axles are worm drive.
    Thanks for reminding me of that. I had forgotten that they were worm drive.

Quote Originally Posted by nd4spd71 View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of that. I had forgotten that they were worm drive.
    It's probably time for you to call support. They'll probably send out a replacement.