sbg  

AE Element

Thread: Weathering....

Default Weathering....

I have an unhealthy love for the jjrc q65. I threw in metal axles, drive shafts, transmission, 370 motor, new springs, and decided to paint it up and try out weathering. I’m pretty happy with how it came out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15BBF543-6839-4798-B304-D22EEEECE6B7.jpg  

C126CE3E-5106-41B2-9D67-7F4FEC3F5A35.jpg  

That’s nice. Please share techniques and materials so others may learn.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

I have no training in weathering, so I would guess there are more effective ways around to get better results. I started by painting the Jeep with a rattle can that I have had for about 10 years - left over from painting my 1:1 flat fender Jeep. I then rubbed down the body with black wash. Before the black wash dried, I dapped and rubbed it with a garage rag. For me the trick was not to over due it. It is easy to really darken the body. I then rubbed and dabbed the body with brown wash. I ended up using the brown wash to remove some of the black. I tried to give it a look like it I was trying to clean it, but not successfully. I then used the rust kit that uses iron paint to produce rust. This stuff works well. It takes quite an artist hand to simulate natural rust. I’m not super happy with how the rust came out. It is a learning process and next time I have a better idea what to do.

yes i agree with you.That’s nice. Please share techniques and materials so others may learn.