sbg  

RPP Associated

Thread: Easy/ cheap software?

Default Easy/ cheap software?

I see a few decent looking affordable 3D printers out there, They are size limited (200-300mm X 200-300mm work space) what software is out there? seems like it's not too hard to have a .xxx file sent to me some of the printers I have been looking at have a microSD slot and a touch pad. but I want to make my own stuff so whats a good program to get my foot wet designing and printing my own stuff?

A lot of us started with or use Fusion 360. Free for hobbyists.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

If you don't have a CAD background, TinkerCAD is a another start point. Its has some limitations, but you can do some pretty interesting projects in it for rc and not hit the limits
    Scale Builders Workshop on Facebook and Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by skinanbones View Post
    If you don't have a CAD background, TinkerCAD is a another start point. Its has some limitations, but you can do some pretty interesting projects in it for rc and not hit the limits
    I agree TinkerCad is a easy ,and free software that is easy to use and is not too confusing.

I tried TinkerCad and wasn't a fan. I bought the Veterans version of SolidWorks and was discouraged by the extreme learning curve. Ended up with the free version of Fusion 360 and couldn't be happier.