sbg  

Pro-Line

Thread: Lighting questions

Default Lighting questions

This might be the wrong place to post this if so I'm sorry in advance. But in hopes someone's kind enough to answer here we go.
    I have an scx10 ii and I also have a light bar and some regular lights for headlights kicking around a friend gave to me but don't have the money at the moment to buy the right set up to run both (not enough slots with the stock gear) I was wondering if I was to splice the wires together adding some solder so they became 1 unit if that would work or dim the lights down or just not work.
    Any advice would be appreciated

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

You could get a servo cable Y-harness to plug both lights into one receiver spot or you could wire the lights together in parallel. Parallel, right? Each light will get the same voltage that way. Yeah...
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Yes I guess splicing 2 wires together would technically be the same as the "Y" adaptor I'm just merging the 2 wires to connect as one. Should work in theory I'm guessing

Sounds right. Give it a shot.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

try wiring them up one by one first, and verify that the voltage your putting out will be enough to power them as is.
    then, try adding one more, then test that. (and so on)

Okay I will try that first

If you wire the headlight and lightbar in parallel, and have made sure the power source has been limited to something safe for the leds, you should be good.

If you're scratch building a wire harness, get an RX plug to tap power off red &black, and a resistor of atleast 150 ohm or greater for white.