sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Trail Finder 2 Toyota Hilux

Default Trail Finder 2 Toyota Hilux

After a few mistakes with my fj40 post and taking in the advice given I thought i would now share my Trail finder 2 Hilux, unfortunately due to losing all my build photos I've only got the finished outcome of my builds. (great excuse to start another build)

So anyway here is my Hilux.

[IMG]73C986C8-A12A-4B76-BE5A-4EF841D9CD7B by shaun rogers, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]D5964273-9CDF-4221-9D4A-7B023A67CE3C by shaun rogers, on Flickr[/IMG]

The colour is Tamiya ts-42 light gunmetal but with a few coats before lightly sanding back and lacquering, i stumbled across the bed topper online which already had the side windows blanked off but needed a little work to make it all smooth.

the bed topper was painted with matt black but then clear coated with gloss lacquer to give a treated vinyl appearance.

[IMG]4185910E-7665-43ED-B661-C477B7681B3C by shaun rogers, on Flickr[/IMG]

I decided to run the Rc4wd 5 lug dished wheels to give it a more aggressive stance along with the scale lug nuts (centre hubs are next on the list)

[IMG]A07A17EB-B4FA-416C-A3A1-4BDCD6A81138 by shaun rogers, on Flickr[/IMG]

Upfront i went for a simple look with baja design spot lights and the bug/wind deflectors.

[IMG]8A891E08-534C-4B1D-93ED-807D9C36A566 by shaun rogers, on Flickr[/IMG]

I also wanted the detailed interior which I've cut to allow for working dash lights that run off the full light kit which i custom made for the truck.

That's a nice, clean truck. How well does it truck?
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

Does your kit have a lift kit or is this the stock height?

Did you paint it yourself? Awesome paint

Yes all painted myself using tamiya ts paints and the little acrylic paint jars.

Haven’t had chance to give it a run yet, the wider wheels seem to help with the limited flex you got with leaf springs so it will be interested to see.