sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Ferrari 512 S Analog

Default Ferrari 512 S Analog

Greetings,

I am now in the process of mocking up what will hopefully be a shorter build than the last one. Experience and a little less complex (I hope) but even to get to this point has not been easy. In my case this is sort of a monocoque riding on another chassis and it has to function a bit like a supporting skeleton. I had a McAlistar Nissan GTP 90 body that I modified to be more like a Kremer K8 Porsche. It worked pretty well on my old chassis but doesn't fit the new one and so I started in thinking what could I do to modify it further and more to my liking. I love this particular version of the 1970 Ferrari 512 S so I thought I'd give it a go since the body is not worth anything to anybody but me. I've gathered lots of images, including blue prints and such and went about mapping things and pondering how I will do it. The body will be a mix of the front portion of the polycarbonate body and fabricated out of various things for the remaining 2/3's. I'll have to paint the outer side of the poly body so that the finish will be even in texture and shine between the mixed materials and I really do not want to try and remove the paint underneath.

Here's the aspiration and inspiration.
    Ferrari 512s side view copy.jpg

And a video that got me thinking what a cool machine this really is!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRlr6QNoTqQ

Here's the original body from a while back.
    101_4603.JPG

101_4604.jpg

Now the perspiration as a result of the inspiration. Here's the mocked up monocoque chassis.
    RC Ferrari 512 Chassis 1.jpg

And the mocked up monocoque chassis on the actual chassis.
    RC Ferrari 512 Chassis on Chassis.jpg

Here are two shots of the mocked up body. Lots of work to do!
    RC Ferrari 512 Mock Up 2.jpg

RC Ferrari 512 Mock up 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JunkGTZ View Post
    Greetings,

I am now in the process of mocking up what will hopefully be a shorter build than the last one. Experience and a little less complex (I hope) but even to get to this point has not been easy. In my case this is sort of a monocoque riding on another chassis and it has to function a bit like a supporting skeleton. I had a McAlistar Nissan GTP 90 body that I modified to be more like a Kremer K8 Porsche. It worked pretty well on my old chassis but doesn't fit the new one and so I started in thinking what could I do to modify it further and more to my liking. I love this particular version of the 1970 Ferrari 512 S so I thought I'd give it a go since the body is not worth anything to anybody but me. I've gathered lots of images, including blue prints and such and went about mapping things and pondering how I will do it. The body will be a mix of the front portion of the polycarbonate body and fabricated out of various things for the remaining 2/3's. I'll have to paint the outer side of the poly body so that the finish will be even in texture and shine between the mixed materials and I really do not want to try and remove the paint underneath.

Here's the aspiration and inspiration.
    Ferrari 512s side view copy.jpg

And a video that got me thinking what a cool machine this really is!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRlr6QNoTqQ

Here's the original body from a while back.
    101_4603.JPG

101_4604.jpg

Now the perspiration as a result of the inspiration. Here's the mocked up monocoque chassis.
    RC Ferrari 512 Chassis 1.jpg

And the mocked up monocoque chassis on the actual chassis.
    RC Ferrari 512 Chassis on Chassis.jpg

Here are two shots of the mocked up body. Lots of work to do!
    RC Ferrari 512 Mock Up 2.jpg

RC Ferrari 512 Mock up 1.jpg
    You possess some mad skills! This will be cool to follow!!!

I really like how you operate sir. Fantastic start, can't wait to see more!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM