sbg  

AE Element
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: D90V?

Default D90V?

So one day as I was trolling ďodd vehiclesĒ on the internet, I came across a disturbing image. I couldnít tell if it was real or not (photoshop is a thing now) so I looked deeper. No luck.

Here is what I found...

So me being me, I wanted one. The only way to do that is build it. I searched the archives and did not find one built to my surprise ( I could be wrong and Iím sure someone will correct me if Iím wrong).

Off to collecting and figuring things out...

A few nips and a few measurements and I had a plan (which failed at first contact) and then revised the plan and...

Far from ready to join back together but a little mockup never hurt...

Well, itís off to the races and lots more to go if I want this to be a runner for U.S.T.E. In Feb. and since there is a trailer run, I think I have that covered too...

Thanks for looking and any of the hard body guruís feel free to chime in with tips and tricks. Iíll need it for the D90CF-T (cab forward) pickup thatís coming next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thatís awesome!
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Awesome. Looking forward to following along.

Hahahaha! YES! Amazing that you're the first. Make us proud!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Hahahaha! YES! Amazing that you're the first. Make us proud!
    Iíll do my best (considering Iím a government employee and all) lol

That looks awesome!! Makes me want to try something bit different!! I'm no expert an I have never cut a body!! But could you use trailer windows to form middle windows! That way could keep molding line at bottom of windows nearer to front of truck!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Super funky but yeah is a photoshop, if it was real it would be even more cramped than a normal defender lol! Ok if you had nothing bellow the knees, but regardless cool concept and cool base to build an r/c of ����

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyguy4 View Post
    Super funky but yeah is a photoshop, if it was real it would be even more cramped than a normal defender lol! Ok if you had nothing bellow the knees, but regardless cool concept and cool base to build an r/c of ����
    We call it ďADA compliantĒ lol

Although the picture in the first post is a Photoshop as Hairyguy4 says, it would be feasible to build something like that on the 101 FC (Forward Control) chassis using a mix of Defender body panels... much as you're doing here in 1/10th scale of course!

photo. Land Rover 101FC radio body van.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out - you might even prompt someone to build a full size version after all!

Thanks for all the positive feedback thus far.

A little more done today to start firming it back up so I can work with it easier.

Window openings roughed in and reinforcements to the inside. (The roof rack is temporary of course, just for looking at it)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast