sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C2X - No thanks let’s do a C1S ... S for Scale!

Default C2X - No thanks let’s do a C1S ... S for Scale!

Ok, so the first thing that sucks about the C2X is the bed so I’m starting with putting that right!

I’ve bobbed a LWB bed, should have taken more photos but got a bit engrossed.....

More soon....

A quick mockup and it’s sitting nicely. I
    Also didn’t like the C2X body, too much trimming around the arches for something I’m trying to make look scale so this is a stock LWB cab.

I like the marlin grille but it needs something more so that’s next on the agenda....

Modified a Tamiya bumper to go along with the “marlin” grille. Just plastic welded it together. Like the aggressive look of the marlin front end but this bumper will help add some more scale detail

The original idea was to turn the C2X into something more scale but to keep as much of the class 2 capability as possible. With this in mind I’ve deliberately kept the chassis simple and as original as possible.

I’ve put some axial springs on the RRD shocks so the weight of the body compressed them to around 90%. It’ll run in droop mode.

Pulled the stock electronics out and put in a 2300kv AXE system.

That stock bumper is nice, but sits waaaaay too high. I’ve modified it to mount lower down. I had to trim the servo horn

Braised up a rear bumper. Deliberately keeping it simple.

I L for like where this is going
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Here’s how I’ve done the bed, just slowly trimmed away enough that I can keep some of the bed and also use the C2X rear bed as wheelarch liners. I’ve used some check plate embossed styrene to help cover some of the glue / plastic weld lines - plan is to weather it all.

Rear bumper turned out good. There are 2 holes in the rear chassis brace and it’s just directly mounted to that with 2 M3 nuts and bolts. I can’t recall exactly what the scale points are off the top of my head but remember chassis mounted metal bumpers are worth a few

Here it is!

Good work mate!

Seen the bed on Facebooks.. Will folow this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Aga View Post
    Here it is!

Good work mate!

Seen the bed on Facebooks.. Will folow this one!
    Thanks man, the trucks finished now I’ve just been struggling for time to sit down and update this thread

Quote Originally Posted by J55TTC View Post
    Thanks man, the trucks finished now I’ve just been struggling for time to sit down and update this thread
    Ahahah

That's cheating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast