sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: K10 Project

Default K10 Project

Well I was lucky enough to pick up a project off of Craig aka Lsxgmc.
    As most of you know, he always has top notch equipment... So after selling off alot of my unused rc related items, I was able to purchase this off of him.
    So this is a project, of where he left off.

After getting the package, I got to work, first order was to mount up the locked up Rc wheels, and mt/r's. I must say Im not too impressed with the locked up 1.75mm socket tip. In preperation for this build I ordered a few of their tools. I got almost 3 wheels mounted up, when the tool stripped, however I was able to finish mounting all 4.
    Then I stared working on the bed extension.
    I will update, as the build goes.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Looks like a good start! Did you consider any of the 3D printed elements available for the bed extension?
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Looks like a good start! Did you consider any of the 3D printed elements available for the bed extension?
    Yeah I sure did, I've got one of the mod19rc ones in my shapeways cart, along with bumpers and tail gate . But i thought I'd give this a try first. If it's a total botch, I will order one.
    I need another blazer body set anyway, this one was just the main body. And after pricing out all the, stuff like hood, grill and all that stuff, it'd more cost effective to get the entire body set.

So I got a little more work done today, I wanted to get rid of the body mounting holes. I picked up some primer today to see how bad my body work was. It was better than I thought that it would be. There are some touch ups for sure, but all in all I'm happy the way it's turning out so far, next I need to design some L brackets for mounting the box. I plan on making the bracket with slots for up and down movemt for adjustments.

Got a little bit more done, I was struggling to find a way to mount the bed to the chassis, I made up some little L bracket in Tinkercad, and printed them off. I think it should work out well. My plan is to screw them through the mounting holes in the GCM chassis, and likely glue to the bottom of the bed.