sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Custom links

Default Custom links

Hey Peoples,

Hoping someone can answer a question for me. I'm looking to make some custom links for my TRX4 and was going to follow Harley Designs (Josh's) tutorial. I'm going to use the 3rd method of all one piece rods, turning down the diameter of the rod until I can cut the threads.

I was unable to find 3/16th stainless rod. I could only find regular steel and brass. I almost bought the steel but though I might have some rusting issues. so I bought the brass instead.

Do you think the brass will be strong enough?

Thanks,
    Guy

I just drive the truck.

Brass should be fine, though I wouldn't have chosen that material. It's softer than steel, so it's easier to work with, but ultimately will probably bend easier too.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Brass should be fine, though I wouldn't have chosen that material. It's softer than steel, so it's easier to work with, but ultimately will probably bend easier too.
    I figured that as well but I'm not bashing this thing.. figured I have enough to make a few sets so if it bends I can make more.. figured the brass was better for corrosion resistance though

I just drive the truck.

Another question...

When cutting the threads on the rods I should be using 8/32 UNC?

I just drive the truck.