sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Element RC Enduro Sendero Light Bar

Default Element RC Enduro Sendero Light Bar

Been doing some mods to my RTR (gasp!) Sendero. First was the hexagon vinyl work to get rid of the grey cinder block. Then I added a light bar. A cheap kit from the LHS. After much fiddling I was finally able to fit a 3D printed back cover I designed which allows for much cleaner wiring. Also replaced the crude mounting brackets with a custom design, also 3D printed. I will now have to paint all the wiring black to make it look better and figure out a way to seal some minor light leaks from the buckets. Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Looks great! I like the hexagons too. Was thinking of putting a vinyl design on my TRX4 Defender body, but need to find a way to cut it. I put a similar light bar on my CC-01 Unimog. Where the wires run down the A pillar, I split some heat shrink tubing lengthwise and wrapped it around there. Keeps them mostly out of view of the window.

Edit: I actually ran it down the back corner of the cab. Also found some plastic wire clips on Amazon to keep things tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by PendulumRC View Post
    Looks great! I like the hexagons too. Was thinking of putting a vinyl design on my TRX4 Defender body, but need to find a way to cut it. I put a similar light bar on my CC-01 Unimog. Where the wires run down the A pillar, I split some heat shrink tubing lengthwise and wrapped it around there. Keeps them mostly out of view of the window.

Edit: I actually ran it down the back corner of the cab. Also found some plastic wire clips on Amazon to keep things tidy.

That looks great!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Here’s what the outside looks like:
    Maintenance Unimog

What software do you use for 3D modeling?

Quote Originally Posted by PendulumRC View Post
    Thanks! Here’s what the outside looks like:
    Maintenance Unimog

What software do you use for 3D modeling?
    I use Fusion 360 from AutoDesk. It's free for hobbyists/startups.

That Unimog is amazing!