sbg  

AE Element
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Factory roves the range.

Quote Originally Posted by RotnWays View Post
    Good engine choice, should get a nice light truck like that up to speed in no time. O-60 in 5.2, maybe 5.5 miles. Better call Lc engineering and get some more lama thrusts out of it
    I am doubting the 22re motor would be able to overcome the air resistance above 50mpg....

Married myself to a wheel and tire combination. I was trying to find a 5-lug wheel that had an exposed bead-lock ring and looked all off-roady, but everything I found would have widened the track width a lot, which wouldn't have worked. These wheels are a great quality and tuck the tires nicely. I also received my interior. Looks to be very nicely detailed with injection molded dash, seats, door cards and rear wheel wells. The floors are a very thin styrene, which I won't be using anyways.

No rear seat though. I found this odd. JsScale does not offer one on their shapeways store either. I got myself a rc4wd hilux bench which should fit the bill ookkkkaayyy-ish.

truck1.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck2.jpg
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

What wheels are thoose? Carisma or CC hand. They really do tuck in well.
    I have to consider a Rcmodelex chassis for my RR. I do not like the hpi gearbox on my Rcmodelex d110, but the version from Rcmodelex might be better.

The wheels are CC Hand.

RcModelex chassis are really amazing, and are basically my dream chassis, except for his use of the HPI gearbox and lack of a par-hard bar mount up front. Years ago when they first began, I can understand using that gearbox since there was not many options available. Today there are so many good quality transmissions, it doesn't make much since to me.

I believe I have found a solution with the rc4wd R2, which is one of my favorite transmissions ever made. It's really a shame they stopped making it.

When it arrives I will see how it fits.
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12