sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Weekender-Ford dentside crewcab, WORK TRUCK BUILD OFF.

I really like how this is turning out!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Masher View Post
    I really like how this is turning out!
    Great! We’ll see how you feel once I’ve stolen/butchered some of your technique on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, have been working on this here and there but wanted some head way before I made a post so here’s what’s been done:
    The em first bits of styrene were done starting with door panels
    Next up was to fix some gaps- I used a tactic taken from 1:1 where you tape the high surface and mud to it then sand until you’re into the tape and viola. Brush up with scratch bright for final height. After I got that done I sealed it. Next to continue my 3d printing expansion I printed up some light lens and pretty stoked how they came out although I revised the headlights to be domed next up was this weeks project since I’ve been so busy I had not gotten a chance to work on personal stuff. But yesterday was my birthday and since my lady had to work I had the whole day to work on my stuff and decided to get started on the bed. firstly I set up my initial shape and size, and cut all 4 utility box sides at once on the table jig saw once those were cut I moved onto laying out and cutting the compartment openings doing both at once so they’d be identical with those done I got them into box form and held up loosely on position and that’s where it sits now, I did print out the bench seats but I’ll save that for another large update on interior, going to get the bed into a solid piece tomorrow and start on the dash after that

Excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    Excellent work!
    I don’t know about excellent, have you seen what else is being built? Lol but thank you.

You are doing some sweet work and I have to see it out on a trail. nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by RotnWays View Post
    Great! We’ll see how you feel once I’ve stolen/butchered some of your technique on it

Ooohhh! I can't wait to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsler View Post
    You are doing some sweet work and I have to see it out on a trail. nice work.
    Thanks! Expect to see it on the trail, and slightly in the air, I didn’t put in a 2 speed for no reason lol.

I am digging this build! Some day I'd like to learn how to work with styrene.

nice work

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast