sbg  

RPP UMG

Thread: Rockwell style axles

Default Rockwell style axles

Hi,

I'm making this housing to replace the stock housing on the HG p401 axles, to give them a nicer look.Think it will look good on military builds. These HG axles have potential. They have the same gear layout as the 1:1 rockwell, are pass-through and cost around 11d each,great for those multi-axle builds

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3874198

notice now that the c-hubs have a different shape than the rear lockouts so to fit, you need to shave a lip on the c-hub

Very cool!

Would be cool to shape another to fit scx10 lockouts and C-Hubs. I might hit your model with a remix to accept scx10 hardware and shafts, if you donít mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HugoBiermann View Post
    Very cool!

Would be cool to shape another to fit scx10 lockouts and C-Hubs. I might hit your model with a remix to accept scx10 hardware and shafts, if you don’t mind?

No, of course I don't mind, I'm more than fine with it. Might even end using it :) . My next axle will be scx10 based, it will basically be a SSD D60 looking housing but narrowed and with half-spheres on the ends

Your nick was looking very familiar and voila! thingiverse... you have nice designs there

That's very cool.

I really love the age in which we live, now if they could just make a printer that wasn't so fiddly...
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Thanks!

Ive been running the HG axles on a couple of my rigs and for my causal driving its more than perfect. The price makes it even more attractive. Its just that its such an ugly looking thing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HugoBiermann View Post
    Thanks!

Ive been running the HG axles on a couple of my rigs and for my causal driving its more than perfect. The price makes it even more attractive. Its just that its such an ugly looking thing, lol.

Yes, they are...stranger if you think they released that nice p408...you mentioned your rigs. have you done any with one of your own designs to print?

Those are definately neat looking axles! Those axles ordered in black nylon from Shapeways would look pretty peachy under some 6x6 military truck

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    That's very cool.

I really love the age in which we live, now if they could just make a printer that wasn't so fiddly...
    Ultimaker 3 is pretty amazing straight outta box but that box does come with a hefty pricetag though. My sub 200$ Tevo Tarantula has pretty nice trackrecord with almost 1000h of print time in one year and really little issues. But I did take some time fiddling with it in the beginning though.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Yes, they are...stranger if you think they released that nice p408...you mentioned your rigs. have you done any with one of your own designs to print?
    I need to get myself a 3d printer first...

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingFinn View Post
    Those are definately neat looking axles! Those axles ordered in black nylon from Shapeways would look pretty peachy under some 6x6 military truck
    This one will go under a 6x6 truck eventually...The axles in nylon would be super but I have the idea that to make anything available from the shapeways store, will have to make atleast a print of it. Shapeways is very expensive and there's about 9h of printing(on my printer) on those 2 halves

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    That's very cool.

Thanks! I have a Ender 3. It's very nice for the price. Needs a bit of TLC at first but is running great now. PLA and PETG!