sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Interactive Tire Database

Default Interactive Tire Database

Technically this post isn't about tire tech. It is however about using technology to find tires.

There are two lists I've been using to select tires for builds - the tire size charts on RC Crawler, and the Ultimate (NOT) Tire database on Google Spreadsheets.

Both are woefully out of date, not interactive, and never had a complete list even when they weren't out of date.

I struggle man. Every build. Choosing tires shouldn't be that hard so I eventually got 'round to putting my keyboard where my mouth is. Check it:

https://www.wittenburg.co.uk/Rc/Tyres/default.html

What's there:
    ● All 1.55 tires from RC4WD
    ● All Axial tires
    ● All Pit Bull tires
    ● All Proline crawler tires
    ● Sort list by name (ascending/descending)
    ● Sort list by tire width (ascending/descending)
    ● Sort list by tire height (ascending/descending)

What's missing:
    ● A whole herd of tires. Making the list complete is my first priority.
    ● Filters, specifically flitering results by tire compound, manufacturer and SORRCA class
    ● Seeing measurements in inches. Sorry currently only metric. Easy change tho...
    ● Photos of tires. Not sure I'm allowed to lift them from the interwebs because copyright.

What would be nice:
    ● An enterprising volunteer willing to draw tread patterns for each tire in Illustrator or similar.

More to come.
    JS Scale team driver

Quote Originally Posted by Fourth Protocol View Post
    Technically this post isn't about tire tech. It is however about using technology to find tires.

There are two lists I've been using to select tires for builds - the tire size charts on RC Crawler, and the Ultimate (NOT) Tire database on Google Spreadsheets.

Both are woefully out of date, not interactive, and never had a complete list even when they weren't out of date.

I struggle man. Every build. Choosing tires shouldn't be that hard so I eventually got 'round to putting my keyboard where my mouth is. Check it:

https://www.wittenburg.co.uk/Rc/Tyres/default.html

What's there:
    ● All 1.55 tires from RC4WD
    ● All Axial tires
    ● All Pit Bull tires
    ● All Proline crawler tires
    ● Sort list by name (ascending/descending)
    ● Sort list by tire width (ascending/descending)
    ● Sort list by tire height (ascending/descending)

What's missing:
    ● A whole herd of tires. Making the list complete is my first priority.
    ● Filters, specifically flitering results by tire compound, manufacturer and SORRCA class
    ● Seeing measurements in inches. Sorry currently only metric. Easy change tho...
    ● Photos of tires. Not sure I'm allowed to lift them from the interwebs because copyright.

What would be nice:
    ● An enterprising volunteer willing to draw tread patterns for each tire in Illustrator or similar.

More to come.
    Sure seems like a whole helluva lot of work for such little payoff. Just my two cents, but wishing you luck.

Is good to have someone who had all this trouble..

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Is good to have someone who had all this trouble..
    Sure is - if you find someone with enough time and energy to do it for free, please let us know.