sbg  

Pro-Line

Thread: Ex-Cab Yota on portals

Default Ex-Cab Yota on portals

Been itching to try my hand at building something other than a box stock kit again for a while. Well...went through the parts I had laying around that I hadn't used yet for other builds and started putting this together.

A while back I wanted to toss a Crew cab yota on a VS4-10 setup, but than wanted to do something different with the body. So I started cutting it up.

Than had to glue it all back together.

I know I wanted to do something a bit more than I have done before as far as body work, so I didn't stop there. I went ahead and cut the front up to pinch the nose in. I was really hoping I didn't screw this part up lol

After that was done I grabbed the other parts I had and started test fitting everything.

I have had the vs4-10 chassis setup laying around for a while ever since I pieced together another truck months ago. I will probably be buying the new chassis braces later on but this will get me started.

I threw together the chassis with my KISS fab sliders and test fit the body.

I opted to go with a 12.0 wheelbase truck. I have either the crew cab box or a standard full box that I will cut down to work with this setup. Got my links together and installed the portals on the chassis.

And this is where it currently sits. Waiting on shocks and some other parts to do more test fitting. But really liking where the project is going.

That cutting and splicing work on the cab looks pretty smooth. It's coming together splendidly!
    If you build it, We will watch!

Wow Great Work making an ext Cab out of the crew! Great Idea too....

I like it!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Nice start, sir! I've yet to try my hand at a parts-bin build, though lord knows I have enough parts lying around for one. One of these days, lol. In the meantime, I shall live vicariously...
    BowHouse RC, Helios RC, GCM #tinytruck Team

Thanks everyone for the comments! Its been a while since I messed with cutting/gluing a hardbody so wasn't sure how it would turn out. But working in a body shop I can fix almost any hole lol. Which will come in handy in the next part...pics will show why

Got some parts in the mail so decided to get some work done.

Got myself a set of the VP extended shock towers for the vs4-10 setup. Pricey but very nice piece's.

I may need to pick another set of these up. I could really use a set on my other portal VS4-10. They will definitely drop the ride height by 5mm as they say.

Next up I got my shocks mounted up. Ended up going with the ProLine Pro Spec 70's. I have these on my other portal truck and they have been great even on a heavier truck.

After getting the shocks on I needed to test fit the body. It was going great until I went to put the bed on....

So I started looking at my options. Short bed was obviously...well...short...Long bed was...long...

So..I'd rather shorten a bed, than try to lengthen one...so off to cutting I went...

Than a little bit later I had it sitting back on the truck. Its still off a touch, but I will end up trimming the wheel opening a little before its done. Hard to tell but my cuts aren't the best. I need a better setup at home for cutting these straight. Oh well...gets me back into the body work stage lol