sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "The Milk Man is Here"!! DIVCO Build.

Ha! Yes. Agreed. If it wasn't a thing it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by hairba11 View Post
    Is GOL a thing? Groaning Out Loud? This is off to a good start. Is the hood radius going to be filler based or sanded styrene based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The stepped radius's will be sanded first, I need to see how close I am, there will be some filler so as to give it that sheet metal smooth transition from upper to lower stepped hood section.

Tackled the front fenders, kicked around a couple different ways to do them, went with a stacked / layered route using .080 for the outer section, filling the gap with .060.IMG_3025.jpgIMG_3024.jpgIMG_3020.jpgIMG_3022.jpgIMG_3023.jpg

I'd be curious to see what you did on the stacked pieces on the inside of the fender. I imagine starting to remove material from the underside has to be done carefully. Looks great.

Nice curves. Cut, stack, grind. Molten chunks of styrene all over the place.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Its coming along nicely. Love the Divcos. Tried to buy one years ago. Guy wouldnt part with it. It sat for 7 more years, and one day I went by and a tree was laying on it. I was disappointed to say the least.
    If you build it, We will watch!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkGTZ View Post
    I'd be curious to see what you did on the stacked pieces on the inside of the fender. I imagine starting to remove material from the underside has to be done carefully. Looks great.
    Yes, def took a while to trim away the excess. I'll post an inside the fender photo.

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Nice curves. Cut, stack, grind. Thanks n00b! Molten chunks of styrene all over the place.
    Molten is correct! Love when the melty blobs hit your skin! It's more effective that a shot of caffeine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodtick72 View Post
    Its coming along nicely. Love the Divcos. Tried to buy one years ago. Guy wouldnt part with it. It sat for 7 more years, and one day I went by and a tree was laying on it. I was disappointed to say the least.
    I have always liked them as well! As a kid they were from the Twin Pines Dairy - I can still see the "Owned and Operated By" custom sign painted lettering, just can't remember the operators name.

Tackling the roof I kicked around a couple different methods. I settled on the skeleton - cross-member route. Added the lengthwise 3/16" square strips to aid in keeping the curvature in the roof panel. Added the main center section w/.040 and filled in the sides, front & rear with strips. I am adding a couple photos of the inside of the front fenders, still just rough but after removing the excess they should function fine. Initial sanding is pretty promising. Now trying to figure out the bi-fold doors!!!IMG_3027.jpgIMG_3026.jpgIMG_3046.jpgIMG_3047.jpgIMG_3044.jpgIMG_3042.jpgIMG_3043.jpg

Wow. So good.
    If you build it, We will watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodtick72 View Post
    Wow. So good.
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast