Quote Originally Posted by pera2008 View Post
    link donīt work
    Try again...it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BowHouse RC, Helios RC, GCM #tinytruck Team

Quote Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
    Try again...it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It didn't work for me either, so I fixed it for you.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    It didn't work for me either, so I fixed it for you.
    My hero...

Thanks! :-)

I'm sold. It was a tough choice between this and the element enduro. I've just ordered the Trail King for my next build. Thanks very much for the info. I just wish SSD would get on Instagram...

Quote Originally Posted by neilus View Post
    I'm sold. It was a tough choice between this and the element enduro. I've just ordered the Trail King for my next build. Thanks very much for the info. I just wish SSD would get on Instagram...
    Having just gotten my Enduro kit running, I think you made a good choice. The Trail King is in a different league, especially for builders.

Speaking of which, I finally got this back up on the bench after getting distracted a bit by the Element and VS4-10 Pro. Here are a few quick updates.

If I were smart, I would have picked up a clear Bronco body. But I'm not smart, so I spent way too much time stripping the paint off this one:
    DSC05784.jpg

I did a quick and dirty (literally) detailing of the engine. My objective was to see what I could accomplish in 20 mins or less (excluding dry time). I started by pulling out the motor:
    DSC05728.jpg

DSC05730.jpg

I hit the engine block and cylinder heads with primer and Tamiya Orange so they didn't look plasticky. Then I taught Roo my favorite (only?) engine weathering trick:
    DSC05733.jpg

DSC05734.jpg

Brake dust + shock oil + grease = this:
    DSC05736.jpg

IMG_4107.jpg

Top tip...here's my brake dust ranking among our 3 1:1s: (1) BMW, (2) Odyssey, (3) CX-5.

I also decided to try out SSD's 15mm engine spacer and added a slot for the motor wires rather than running them through the slot in the intake manifold:
    DSC05774.jpg

The shorter spacer puts the motor in just about perfect position under the Bronco's hood:
    DSC05775.jpg

And with the shorter spacer, there's room for a prototype water pump from SSD:
    DSC05773.jpg

I'll add pulleys and belts at some point, and I will need to trim the oil pan just a bit for clearance.

SSD also included an extra set of rear bumper mount spacers in the same care package with the water pump (thanks, SSD!):
    DSC05779.jpg

With the motor properly dirtied and installed, it was time to have at cutting open the hood. I started by marking the cut line at the back of the hood:
    DSC05786.jpg

I worked from back to front, and after some careful cutting (of the Lexan, not my fingers), I was left with this:
    DSC05788.jpg

Next on the list to figure out are body mounting sans clips and a hood hinge setup that doesn't rely on painters tape. But that will have to wait until after a weekend in the mountains with the family...

Awesome job weathering that engine!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123