sbg  

Pro-Line

Thread: Marge the Barge 8x8

Default Marge the Barge 8x8

Time for another crazy build. I had a decent pile of parts laying around and decided to try building something big. One set of scx10 axles have a stage one vanquish kit and xvd's axle shafts, the other is all stock. Setting up the axles to be pass through and have steering was a little interesting to get all the wheels moving in the right direction.

Instead of having a mess of links going everywhere, i decided on trying a walking beam layout. I still need to have upper links, but the front axle will be 3 link with panhard and the second will be 4 link style. The main beam is cut from a chunk of aluminum.

Part of the whole look, this truck will have wide fenders like gang planks all the way around the truck. Soon they will be covered with diamond plate styrene. The fender base was heat formed, and I started figuring out how much to cut out of the cab i have here.

I also made a back to the fender and it will match the frame shape. The body is cut out to the shape of the fenders and will soon be glued to them, once the frame and trans are together in their final spots
    Also know as The Scale Builder on Facebook and Instagram

Very interesting build! Iím definitely going to watch the progress on this one.

Lots of changes over the last couple weeks and i was on a bit of a crunch to get ready for a local Makers Market, so not allot of pics. The frame got stretched 5" up front and 6" out back. As well as tabs to mount the aluminum beams to.
    Then i cut styrene to match the frame curves and give a mounting pointing for the fenders and body eventually

Also got my hands on another set of matching wheels. The basic shape now is roughed out and i can start working on all the fun details

Just to show for scale a lexan 32 ford body on a ofna drift car chassis, sitting on the flat deck
    Also know as The Scale Builder on Facebook and Instagram

Well look at that abomination!

I LOVE IT!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM