sbg  

GearHead
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I am an adult and I don't punch walls.

Quote Originally Posted by ubernewb View Post
    '97+ grill .. '92 would have been the older fugly one.

digging this build. i've always wanted an mj, but could never find any decent candidates in the area so i just built an xj instead. someday tho
    I did the same thing! I had a 2 door 99 XJ because in Ohio the MJ all are rotted out and overpriced

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So I'm confused, do you still drink Monster? Nice build Matt! I can't believe the patience you guys have to assemble and sand these pla bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by avgatbest View Post
    It’s a little big/tall, but if you’re planning to run big tires on it and have a bunch of tube-work it might look good.
    These are the tires. They scale out to 38's so those are already pretty huge. Tube work, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ubernewb View Post
    '97+ grill .. '92 would have been the older fugly one.

digging this build. i've always wanted an mj, but could never find any decent candidates in the area so i just built an xj instead. someday tho
    Ah yes, '97 grille, thank you for the correction. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MudmadeRC View Post
    I did the same thing! I had a 2 door 99 XJ because in Ohio the MJ all are rotted out and overpriced

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I KNOW WHAT I HAVE

Quote Originally Posted by JBailey View Post
    So I'm confused, do you still drink Monster? Nice build Matt! I can't believe the patience you guys have to assemble and sand these pla bodies.
    Never have, never will. I'll leave that to the Kyle's of the world.

I started working on what's probably my most ambitious cage work.

I use 3/16th brake line as it's nice and light and gives enough rigidity to handle most rollovers.

I bend everything by hand with a small tube bender and braze on my bed with a MAPP gas torch and silver solder.

I go back and sand all the joints, wash, let dry and then hit with some self etching primer.

I still have a few steps to go, but I'm happy with the progress. For those that are going to ask, the tubes along the A-pillar will actually get routed through the body on either side. The real truck did this too. Two weeks and counting!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

That cage looks great! Is that aluminum? Usually brake lines that I've seen have been copper but that doesn't look like copper to me

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingFinn View Post
    That cage looks great! Is that aluminum? Usually brake lines that I've seen have been copper but that doesn't look like copper to me
    Regular everyday steel that's been galvanized.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Tubes don't block hood, tailgate, doors from opening.

Fail.
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345