sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh hey another sh*tty samurai....truggy on Toyota axles.

Nice cuts, nice cage!
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Nice cuts, nice cage!
    Hey hey praise from the king! Lol thanks man, Iíve made a little more headway but saving a post until Iíve gotten the whole front end done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by devincarney08 View Post
    this thing looks killer !! subscribed
    Thanks man, Iím hoping to have the cage done tomorrow or the weekend

So this thing sat for awhile while I got my other trucks running, and worked some crazy hours, finally got some time off and finished up the cage on this thatís where itís at so far, now Iím going to finish up the trans mount and get on the servo mount

Well with axialfest past and my attention back to the Sami, I got the rear shocks mounts done, the servo mount done, the other door mounted and finally got to test it with some electronics zipped tied into place. All things considered it doesnít do terrible for a 10Ē wb leaf spring rig, now onto an aluminum fire wall, dash and floor!

One little addition for tonight but thatís all for today

Dash bent up and bolted in

I really need to stop posting before Iím done for the night but just finished up making my steering wheel

Keeping on this rig this week really pushing out some progress. Picked up my bench seat and cooler from a friend today and got the seat all in. Hereís how I did it.
    So I planned from the start on hiding my battery under the bench. So hereís how it sat just on top of the battery so based my box off the battery leaving some breathing room for ease of install
    from there I set bench on top, lined out the box onto it, and unbolted the box from floor pan. Remember when you do this you need atleast two locating marks across the outline marks on each edge to ensure youíre setting it back exactly-good habit to form. Once pulled off I marked the hinge locations on seat and box, drilled and installed hinge, then reinstalled the whole thing back into truck
    And hereís how it looks inside and With battery still need to make panels to cover those ugly openings. My buddy who printed the seat really knocked it out the park with the dimension I gave him . Next I decided to bend up a trans tunnel, of which the compartment of will have a very neat and clever use too be shown tomorrow if I get it done. and thatís all for today!

Small update but donít have a lot of time to work on this today so hereís what I got done. I needed a way to operate lights. And I needed a shifter, so some 3/16 aluminum tubing and one toggle switch later, this is what I came up with
    All I did was shaved the actual toggle down, and slipped the tube over, the shift knob is a ball end from a helping hand soldering jig.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast