sbg  

AE Element

Thread: New to sbg and crawling

Default New to sbg and crawling

First let me start by saying hello! Secondly I have a problem I was hoping maybe someone on here could help me with. I went inexpensive getting in to this hobby and bought a vaterra ascender suburban from horizon hobby. All was working well until I put bigger tires on it and a 3s LiPo. I stripped out one of the nylon transmission gears. So I went online and ordered some aftermarket steel replacement gears. I canít make them work. So then I went on horizon hobby and ordered the ones they recommend. Canít make them work either. I donít have a clue what I am doing wrong or if these are just the wrong gear sets. Has anyone on here experienced this? It seems like the suburban transmission internals are different from the other ascenders but I could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the SBG, wish I could help, but don't know much about the Ascender bits.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Welcome to the SBG, wish I could help, but don't know much about the Ascender bits.
    Thank you for the welcome. You guys are amazing to me. Hope to one day have the time and patience for a scratch build of some kind

Welcome!
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hiroki

there is 2 differant sets of metal gears for the Ascender. It depends on wether you want to add a 2 speed transmission or not. My guess without seeing the gears is that you have ordered the optional two speed gear set. VTR232068 is the main gear set and VTR332009 is the optional 2 speed gears.
    Also know as The Scale Builder on Facebook and Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by skinanbones View Post
    there is 2 differant sets of metal gears for the Ascender. It depends on wether you want to add a 2 speed transmission or not. My guess without seeing the gears is that you have ordered the optional two speed gear set. VTR232068 is the main gear set and VTR332009 is the optional 2 speed gears.
    Thanks for the response. I actually ended up ordering another gear set and a shaft kit and was able to get it going again.