sbg  

LockedUp RC

Thread: Tatra 813 8x8 1/14 scale KIT

Default Tatra 813 8x8 1/14 scale KIT

Hello,

maybe some of you noticed we are working on a full kit of legendary czechoslovakian 8x8 truck. It is largest project we ever had and its bringing some unexpected troubles. But important is, that most of it is already solved and we are testing first prototype made of 100% final parts, just some inner parts needed to be revised, more to talk about it later.

Tatra has a special chassis using a backbone structure chassis with half axles and we tried to replicate this system as perfectly as its in 1/14 scale possible. All axle parts are made from best and thoughest possible plastics and all is pretty massive.

Pictures of painted, 3D printed prototype nad black 99% molded prototype.

Chassis details..

Testing...

More chassis details..

Some technical data:

Wheelbase: 385mm (between 1st and 4th axle)
    Lenght: 610mm
    Width: 185mm
    Height: 200mm

Estimated availability: late July 2019

More information: http://www.rc4x4-shop.com/Tatra-813-8x8-1-14-d312.htm

We are still working hard to finish it but at this time we are waiting for metal parts suply made specialy for this Tatra kit. But testing process will continue and pictures and videos coming soon!

Very awesome!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just watched an RC Sparks YouTube video made 5 years ago that showcases what looks like the exact same rig in these pictures. Made by Capo Racing. Is there a connection to Capo here?

Quote Originally Posted by Home Tooled View Post
    I just watched an RC Sparks YouTube video made 5 years ago that showcases what looks like the exact same rig in these pictures. Made by Capo Racing. Is there a connection to Capo here?
    Absolutely no conection, this was developed in Czech Republic and its inspired by Czechoslovakian truck Tatra 813 and its unique backobne tube chassis. This is also in 1/14 scale, Capo is 1/10 scale.

I am irrationally excited for this

Quote Originally Posted by onetruescooty View Post

I am irrationally excited for this
    I second this!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk