sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kyosho Optima - A trip back in time with SVT

Just awesome.

I do believe that surface material not related to the race track will also be headed for the (ISS) International Space Station.

Sent from my Z558VL using Tapatalk

Oh, ugh, seeing those red plastic shock spring adjusters is giving me nightmares from yesteryear.

Pargustore makes machined aluminum ones now for when you are ready to give up and buy a Traxxas sumthin'-or-nother.
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    Oh, ugh, seeing those red plastic shock spring adjusters is giving me nightmares from yesteryear.
    My original Ultima has the red Kyosho shocks. Nightmares indeed. I ended up snagging some Kyosho Gold shocks on eBay and swapped them on. Those still have very breakable collars, but they've held up so far. Plus Kyosho Gold shocks look amazing.

I can't wait to see images of this thing tearing around with that motor.

Optima is looking good SVT!

I don't remember which shocks came with the original Optima, but my original Turbo Optima from the 80's came with the Kyosho gold shocks. They were one of the smoothest shocks back then and did not leak. I still have them today mounted on an RC-10 Sprint Car I ran back in the early 90's.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    -Brian-

Any chance you would consider making up another mount for the esc? Don’t want to ditch the driver in mine either!!

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post

Pargustore makes machined aluminum ones now for when you are ready to give up and buy a Traxxas sumthin'-or-nother.
    When I was restoring my original Optima I ended up buying a Raider for cheap just to get those shock collars. Same parts, and on the Raiders they didn't break as often for some reason...

Nicely detailed build thread. I'm about to get a Javelin re-re soon myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12