sbg  

GearHead
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Rendering Grabbed Me!!! Winnebago Time!!!

I felt that the copper needed to be extended so I've modified the paint work a bit. Also played off the VW "Bug" hauler theme by high lighting a portion of the "W".IMG_2585.jpgIMG_2580.jpgIMG_2569.jpgIMG_2568.jpg

Very very interesting build. I have never seen this kind of truck before. Looking forward to seeing how you build the interior.
    Hiroki

Quote Originally Posted by luckland View Post
    Very very interesting build. I have never seen this kind of truck before. Looking forward to seeing how you build the interior.
    Thank you....I am beginning to research a design for the interior. Stay tuned!!

While still sorting out a few chassis/suspension issues and waiting for parts, I thought I'd get the tinted glass installed, visor and rear bumper built. Also wired up 21 LED's.IMG_2602.jpgIMG_2604.jpgIMG_2607.jpgIMG_2596.jpg

nice as expected and even beyond that

This is awesome, nice work!

Thanks guys!, quick update:
    Winnebago chassis is finally coming along. After changing from rear servos for raising and lowering, I am now using a single linear actuator with a 210:1 ratio for increased weight - that BUG is very heavy. Added shocks on all corners, found that the spring action of the shocks help "unload" the suspension when raising. Had to offset the drive-line due to the rollback actuator mount being dead center of the frame. Went with Duplicolor Burnt Copper engine paint on the frame - less shiny but offsets the bright copper well. Mounted the sound box, mounted the pit bike to the bumper, added diamond plate to the roll back deck, have some soldering to do, then can test the 6 channel Flysky GT6 system got to deal with the various functions. #knkhardware #exclusiverc #scalewinnebago #scratchbuildIMG_2829.jpgIMG_2831.jpgIMG_2833.jpgIMG_2838 (2).jpgIMG_2834.jpgIMG_2836.jpg

Dare I say it, it's almost cooler without the body!

Amazing work as always Scott.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I have to concur. As much as the body and Bug build are impressive, the chassis of this thing is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Dare I say it, it's almost cooler without the body!

Amazing work as always Scott.
    It's funny, I have more time in the chassis then the body, but kinda agree, I need to find a way to display it body raised --- Thanks Matt!!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkGTZ View Post
    I have to concur. As much as the body and Bug build are impressive, the chassis of this thing is just amazing.
    Thank you!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast