sbg  

AE Element

Thread: CrawlingFinn's scale garage

Default CrawlingFinn's scale garage

After "finishing" my first scale build I decided it needs a garage. I've been looking at the amazing scale garages people here build and I want to try my carpenter skills on dollhou... scale garage building too. So after carefully measuring my workbench in the hobbyroom/office I went and bought some wood board for a garage that is way bigger than I measured to be manageable.

Here's Ace wondering what the heck is going on:

I just put the boards up to see the size:

I hope I can get some work done this weekend but we will see. Until next time, thanks for tuning in!

You are on a right path my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Halme View Post
    You are on a right path my friend.
    Nice to hear that from you as your garage has been a big inspiration for me! I was kind of in two minds whether I should build a scale garage or not and your build thread was one of threads that tipped the scales(pun intended) towards building it

Some concrete progress on the garage build:

As you may notice the wood boards from first pics have changed to MDF. Few hours after the first pics were taken the wood boards started to twist and they got so crooked that they were useless. Apparently the boards had not been dry when they were wrapped to plastic at the factory. So I took the boards back to the hardware store and swapped them to MDF. It's actually way better in every aspect for this build, don't know why I didn't think of it in the first place.

So far the new MDF boards have been cut and screwed together and floor has been treated with structural paste that mimics concrete. Next I'll treat the walls with different structural paste and then paint them. I have also made all the parts for door and have to get them painted and weathered before assembling.

And of course someone drove in while the concrete was still wet:

Looking good, man!

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyNightmare View Post
    Looking good, man!
    Thanks! Haven't made any progress this weekend but I'll try to get the door painted and weathered on coming week so I can test fit it before I progress to painting walls.

Small update, walls have been painted, door mounted and drain is test fitted before paint.

I did try salt weathering technique for the door but didn't like the result so much so I sanded most of it away and painted over. I did leave some on the outside face but inside is pretty smooth and non-rusty (isn't rustless a word?) I'll add some stains and dirt later but for now the door will be relatively clean.

Nice progress!