sbg  

Pro-Line

Thread: Paint and Techniques for Painting Driver Figures

Default Paint and Techniques for Painting Driver Figures

So, I have a Tamiya driver figure that I would like to do justice to and install in my Hilux. I have built models in years gone by, and have lots of supplies, including paints, but I have never attempted to paint any figures, nor do I have the right paints for doing so, I am sure.

For a figure painting newb, is there a "starter kit" for paints that will get me what I need? I did see that Vallejo had some paint kits that seemed reasonably complete, and know they have a good rep. Also, are there any good and easy to understand guides around for using the right techniques for good results?

Thanks in advance,
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

I've got a great write-up:

https://scalebuildersguild.com/forum...e-Driver-Heads

I've done a bunch using these methods, and they turn out better each time.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Thanks, Matt! So, you still like Tamiya paints for this? Also, are you just using some quality brushes (000, 10/0, etc.)? You mention a guide book in your post, is that something that can still be bought?

Nice job on the figure painting, BTW.
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
    Thanks, Matt! So, you still like Tamiya paints for this? Also, are you just using some quality brushes (000, 10/0, etc.)? You mention a guide book in your post, is that something that can still be bought?

Nice job on the figure painting, BTW.
    Sadly, the book is no longer available. My go-to paints have changed, I like Citadel for brushwork and Vallejo for airbrushing. They thin better with water. Quality super low bristle count brushes for sure.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Guess I will need to do some paint shopping then. :)
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store