sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tonka Winnebago

Awesome
    If you build it, We will watch!

I love the interior on this. One I did I was using paint chips and countertop samples from Lowe’s to finish the interior. Found sandpaper looks good for the short pile carpet in the hallway.

This one has been around for 11 years now. Used wheely king axles I narrowed. A bunch. And an Rc4wd hdv2 or something twin motor transmission

I love seeing other people’s builds of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are so cool, RCEveryday's build got my attention as well. Your's looks perfect on those axles/wheel-tire combo. Nice interior decor!!!

Little bit of an update. Life has been getting in the way of playing with toys...but you all get that.

Anyway, got the steering and front end sorted. Welded in 2 square tubes, then drilled and tapped them so the front end could be easily removed if needed. Then the rear leaf springs got bolted straight to the body. I did cut holes above each wheel to allow the suspension to move, but I set it up to not move very much as the weight on this thing is sorta up there, so didn't want it to be too tippy. Made some mounts to use a gear reduction unit straight into the rear axle. Seems to have worked out fairly well. Front lights all done, just need to wire the rears, stash some electronics inside the interior, and it should be a runner. Then I need to get some fancy interior lighting going...really set the mood.

Thanks for reading and following along. This has been a good departure from reality lately. I need to get this done so I can get back to the FJ62.

Side notes: None of the axle hardware is in its final state, and there will be a lick of paint underneath once all is sorted, and don't laugh at the home made drive shaft...I will most likely make a new one, or have a machinist buddy whip up something simple but nicer.

from my point of view, just made skidplate to protect bottom and it will be ok

Pretty much done with the Winny. Waiting on a funny license plate, some little interior detail pieces, and that's it.

I did make an undertray. It's held in with magnets and I painted it with undercoating. No picture yet because the dog was still drying in place an I didn't want to flip the truck over. I'll snap a picture soon.

Made a roof out of styrene sheet. It fits into grooves front and back, has just enough bend to work well, and the ribs keep it centered. Then the roof AC unit is a Traxxas fan, HPI radiator, and some of the RC4WD radiator I cut off, in some styrene bent into what seemed like an AC unit shape to me. Held on with magnets until I decide If I'm going to stash a battery in it for more lights.

Found a driver that I think was pretty much made for this thing and I went a little overboard with animals. Ace Ventura needs a home away from home due to his landlord problems. What better vehicle than a 1972 Winnebago.? He came with some feathered friends, and I added a few more. The monkey was perfect as a copilot.

Roof pops right back on..

And there you have it. Minus the new license plate. I think you'll laugh.

Awesome, great build/conversion! Works really well with the Ace Ventura theme too!

I'm concerned that you don't have enough frogs. Other than that, a fine laugh inducing build.

SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

This is so perfect!! I love it!
    instagram.com/n3ruda #RatKing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast