sbg  

RPP Associated

Thread: Best motor/esc for my scx10

Default Best motor/esc for my scx10

Hi, I've been into rc for awhile now. This is my first crawler. I will be crawling and would also like some speed.i.have a large open back yard so I'm setting up crawling spots and some speed runs. Nothing crazy maybe 20 to 30mph tops. But also what low end response. I have the scx10 raw kit. I am on a budget so no super high stuff. Should I go with a mild brushless sensored set up? Or a brushed set up? Thanks

I had to spend a lot of money and swap out nearly everything on an SCX10II to hit 50+ Mph. A stock unit would be hard-pressed to hit 30.

To be fair, if you want to go that fast, you might want to consider not buying a trail/scale truck.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

You’d be better off with an Axial Bomber. It would at least be more stable at speed. A nice sensored brushless motor would be required for crawling and speed.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    I had to spend a lot of money and swap out nearly everything on an SCX10II to hit 50+ Mph. A stock unit would be hard-pressed to hit 30.

To be fair, if you want to go that fast, you might want to consider not buying a trail/scale truck.
    I don't need 50mph. Don't even care about 30, 20 is fine. Whould a censored 3100kv with a 2c lipo be a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaauto View Post
    I don't need 50mph. Don't even care about 30, 20 is fine. Whould a censored 3100kv with a 2c lipo be a good choice?
    Even 20 would be challenging. The SCX10II isn't geared for speed. A Bomber would be a much better choice, and 3S, no less.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Maybe try driving it first though? My stock axial motor honcho feels quick to drive on 3s- because it's solid axle and I drive it on pretty rough terrain. Top speed must be about the 6mph I'mthatguy found with the deadbolt. I think the feel of speed is all relative, in contrast my club racer probably does more like the speed you're talking about but doesn't feel particularly fast on a wide flat track.

Ok well I already like my scx10 better then my short course truck just bc of the scale aspect, I made that too fast to drive almost anywhere. I'm mainly going to be using this in my back yard. I guess a better question would be what would a good setup be for a mix of "speed" and still have low end torque? Like a sensored 3100kv?