sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: tire scale?? warning: phd math inside

Default tire scale?? warning: phd math inside

I suppose this goes here.

So im either extremely overthinking this or i am even worse at math than i figured i could possibly be.

I want 35" tires. Using the magic of mathz, that comes out to 89mm diameter tire in 1/10

I want 38" tires. Using more maths magix, that comes out to 95mm in 1/10

at the same time, those are some rather tiny tires in terms of what is in the rc world. i mean you shouldnt be able to bolt 44" tires on a toyota 4 pickup... logically speaking. yet thats pretty much common.. and it goes up and up.

So am i doing this right or am i missing something here? welp

Try 1:9 scale? Yotas are 1:9 I think, my raffee landy might even be closer to 1:8.

Edit- 1/9 35" is 3.9" or 99mm

1/9 38" is 4.2" or 107 mm

That gives lots of options, especially from rc4wd, also all the 4.19 class 1 boots from Proline, etc.

Your math is sound, but if you're building a Hilux/Mojave, it's 1/9th. Dagabba is on the money.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Broken record here but yeah make sure you know the scale of your body when you’re doing the math. True 1/10 Scale is a pretty rare thing.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

You are not overthinking sir...

Manufactures do not take the body into account when the apply that 'scale' label on them. This applies even when a scale company sells a body only (take the rc4wd bodies for example). A quick way to roughly figure out scale of a body is to use the real vehicles wheelbase, then compare to the rc body wheelbase.

So, if you're building a hilux, it's 1/9th scale. So using that measurement you should have some tire options that'll fit into your requirements.
    smallfactorystudio on instagram / lone wolf / doer of many things

Was mostly wondering about the math. It not a toyota but for the purposes of this here, i shall pretend 106mm = 38". it works visually