sbg  

RPP UMG

Thread: Working record player

Default Working record player

Had this crazy idea for a build that will done over the summer. It's going to be a bit of a 70's theme, so it needs a rocking sound system.
    I found these great cube radio's on Amazon. They will play mp3s, input from a phone, or use am/fm.

They are about the correct size for a 1/10 scale sound system. I opened it up to see how much space was in it and started designing all the components.

While the first one was printing, i started modifying the case and anything else i could. These radios have a flashing led in the bottom and that got clipped out as i need the spot for a power source. The turntable will be spun by a heli tail rotor motor and hopefully i have it geared close. I also clipped out the big antena and will be routing a wire to the front fender, to a real antena.

With the first test print in place. I have on/off on the front of the record player so that i can turn it on when "playing" records. Music for the record player will more than likely will be on a micro sd card, unless running the am/fm.
    Have a few minor changes to do before printing the final version. Then a smoked lexan cover will be made, as well as the player arm. Hopefully i can design a record with groves that the arm can follow as it plays
    Scale Builders Workshop on Facebook and Instagram

Wow, that is so cool!!

I love it! I can hear the Zeppelin already...

What's the build? Or do we have to wait and see?

Thanks guys. As for the build i am still waiting for parts to show up, it was to be a 4runner body. But RC4WD really put a sour taste in my mouth as a hobby shop owner with this 4runner release. I still can't order them off the site, but my customers can. All my pre-order customers have bought them through the site or canceled their order all together.
    So i am at that point do i stick with the original plan or 3d print something differant.
    Scale Builders Workshop on Facebook and Instagram