sbg  

GearHead

Thread: Caught the Mega - Mud Truck Bug!

Default Caught the Mega - Mud Truck Bug!

Little side build update. I have been stricken with the Mega / Mud truck virus! I have been gathering a few parts to start a build. I was turned on to #greenmountainrc by Mike Dimick who has a very cool Clod bodied rig. I acquired a set of Drag Queen Chassis rails, their Mega Queen drop down's and an SCX10 skid. I am using #jconcepts Fling King - Gold compound and 2.6 JConcepts Dragon wheels that I painted - just didn't like the plain black. Went with AR60's front and rear but changed to an open front diff. After receiving the rear axle I noticed that the axle truss wasn't included....lesson learned, so I made one. Added a #hrracing sway bar set to the rear only for now and a set of #axialracing SMT10 shocks. There is a bunch of #teamknkhardware on it so far too. Still waiting for the trans, servo, driveshafts and deciding on a motor/esc combo. Body will be a late '80's Jeep Comanche.
    IMG_1246.jpgIMG_1203.jpgIMG_1207.jpgIMG_1243.jpgIMG_1245.jpgIMG_1244.jpg

This build is going to be awesome! Cool chassis choice for sure. When I seen this build on FB I thought I could lend a hand (if he uses it).

Dropped off a body that he could beat on so he can keep a clean one for the shelf.

My old e truggy body I never put to use.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
    This build is going to be awesome! Cool chassis choice for sure. When I seen this build on FB I thought I could lend a hand (if he uses it).

Dropped off a body that he could beat on so he can keep a clean one for the shelf.

My old e truggy body I never put to use.

Anthony....it looks awesome! Thanks! IMG_1267.jpgIMG_1261.jpgIMG_1264.jpg

You're welcome! Yep, it looks sick on there.. Now I gotta do a red one.

Im looking forward to seeing the hardbody on there.

Added some gold to the build by back painting the JConcepts Dragon wheel centers. Also added a MJ hard body option for when / if comps call for one type of body over another. Picked up a Raffe Co. 313 w.b. hard body, nice kit, lots of parts, interior is a bit flimsy but will be fine. I didn't want the flares so I filled the 36 holes, and slightly trimmed the rear of the bed where the bumper would normally mount. Added a #jsscale Cherokee emblem kit. To deal with my shiny sickness where if its shiny I can't get it dirty, I used satin clear to trick my mind into not caring when it gets into the mud!!!IMG_1463.jpgIMG_1473.jpgIMG_1472.jpgIMG_1400.jpgIMG_1468.jpgIMG_1448.jpgIMG_1458.jpgIMG_1449.jpg