sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My first custom build (Benz G500 4x4) it will be BONKERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Daoger View Post
    This guy prints Hutchinson rims and whole W461/GD290/whichever bodies if anyone’s interested:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/mechanicalicious

They’re not in his shop, but he’ll set you up if you message him!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq4JPI7H...d=9mmhiqcqc1k4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks man, for now I'll stick to my cheap hubcaps and see what other expenses this build will bring. I suspect it is going to be more expensive than firstly anticipated..

Hehehe. The mysterious money vortex of scale building is officially open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so today I got a notice that the body is through customs and ready to be c̶h̶o̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ picked up, so here is a picture of the car I'm going to build, it shouldn't be too hard to guess wich of the two it will be:

I bet that it's the mall crawler on the right! left one is pretty cool inspiration though

So the body is in the shop and I've started to modify the chassis a bit to make it fit nice and snug. Probably should've started doing the cutout for the motor in the interior, but who cares! We will get to that part later, hopefully the body will still be able to sit nice and low:

AJ Styles, or Benjamin Ortega like I usually call him want to see more doors and bodyparts being cut although I almost killed myself cutting out the supports on the main body. But luckily the only damage done was an adult beverage spilled on my workshop floor wich is impossible to clean properly because of the plastic floor tiles:

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingFinn View Post
    I bet that it's the mall crawler on the right! left one is pretty cool inspiration though
    Haha, but that one doesn't have the portal axles. I'm not replacing them so i guess I have to go for the left one, how sad! I think I mentioned it woud be obnoxious somewhere in the OP.

Getting the window cut and lowered like the one on the left is going to be a nightmare. I'm considering designing a whole new windowframe and 3D print it, although my modeling skills are not too good. I'm also going to need an integrated rollbar in steel to make it able to survive a roll.

Ok boys and girls this is starting to get pretty serious! Get ready for some progress (and a boatload of pictures)!
    No injuries today either, so I'm a happy camper.

Cut chassis frame today. This was not fun to do manually after the kids were asleep, next time I'll use my dremel:

Mounted the ESC on the inverted bodymount

Truck looking pretty clean and the way I mount stuff up front plus the LCG battery tray gives room for a pretty big battery. I could probably fit a 4000mAh 3S in there, but I'm going with the one I have a dummy of in the photos 2300mAh.

Interior is cut so it fits where it should, only need to cut some room for the motor and the shock towers on the TRX-4 Sport:

Not much protrusion here:

Oh and this is gonna happen soon?!:

Nice man

Envoyé de mon ANE-LX1 en utilisant Tapatalk

Are you making a topless G? Huge respect!

start to look like G

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast