sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: My first custom build (Benz G500 4x4) it will be BONKERS!

Ok, so life has been busy lately, and I'm starting to spend more time thinking about the build and challenges than just jumping in and doing stuff. But today I have some more progress:

Hood had its first coat of primer today revealing a need for some more putty:

And "Le pièce de résistance" is glued and only needs some sanding before its ready for varnish:

I'm gonna hate rolling this thing down a cliff.. But it must happen!

Nice work with the hood and wooden bed cover! Keep it up and don't let life get in the way building tiny trucks! Adult responsibilities < SBG

Edit, and don't worry about rolling it. First time feels bad, and actually so does second, and third too. But hopefully at some point we just stop caring?

Allergies are killing me and adult life has taken a bit over lately, but yesterday I got some progress done, and the build might take a drastic turn! Jon Olsson just updated Lord Hans the G and it's pretty sick! I'm only starting to put some primer on, so I don't have to do many changes to follow the new plan.

It would make it easier to get a driveable car quicker, and I can then spend as long as I want (if I want to make it) on the softtop. Still a bit undecided what to do, but building is back on!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxI6-Z7bOTY

It does kinda look like a Jeep now, but thats only from the side..

That wooden deck came out great!

Thanks Johnny! I really like it and it makes the truck stand out :)

Lately I've been working on the electronics and replaced a few bits and pieces.

Currently I'm looking to run:

Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster Sport 21T
    Hobbywing 1080 ESC
    China Servo DS3218 both for steering and winch
    Probably a CC 10 amp BEC thats laying around
    FlySky FGr4S receiver/Noble radio
    RC4WD Wrangler MT/R 1.9/4.19 wheels/Cut Traxxas 1.9 Trailmasters

I also design and 3D print some mounts for the stuff, and the latest addition is a pretty unique servo mount that integrates with the stock bumpermount:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456