sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/25 scale SVT Lightning

Default She's too high!

Ever been "too high?" Well currently, the Lightning is sitting like a drag truck or a sled puller!

I fabbed up some leaf spring perches out of brass and temporarily attached them to the axle. The spring mounts are also temporarily attached to the truck as well. I rigged up the wheels and tires to attach to the rear in order to get the truck mocked up while on its wheels. The front suspension is just the kit's components tacked together so I can get an idea of how it should be sitting.

Current ride height mock up. It's still way too high.

Showing off the rear!

The desired front ride height as set by the model kit suspension components.

I've got a few more ideas to try in order to get this thing lowered. My next attempt is to do a shackle flip on it in order to raise the rear eyelet of the leaf, hopefully lowering the truck while retaining geometry. Another thought was to shorten the shackles themselves. I've got more material on the way so I can try both ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFoster View Post
    Ever been "too high?" Well currently, the Lightning is sitting like a drag truck or a sled puller!

I fabbed up some leaf spring perches out of brass and temporarily attached them to the axle. The spring mounts are also temporarily attached to the truck as well. I rigged up the wheels and tires to attach to the rear in order to get the truck mocked up while on its wheels. The front suspension is just the kit's components tacked together so I can get an idea of how it should be sitting.

Current ride height mock up. It's still way too high.

Showing off the rear!

The desired front ride height as set by the model kit suspension components.

I've got a few more ideas to try in order to get this thing lowered. My next attempt is to do a shackle flip on it in order to raise the rear eyelet of the leaf, hopefully lowering the truck while retaining geometry. Another thought was to shorten the shackles themselves. I've got more material on the way so I can try both ideas.
    Is it possible to just go sua? (Spring under axle)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12