sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Vallejo Colours on Lexan?

Default Vallejo Colours on Lexan?

Hi,
    can Vallejo colours be used on lexan without a first layer of lexan colour (e.g. Tamiya PS)?

Found this:
    "Premium Airbrush Coloris a range of acrylic Colors specifically designed for ... on surfaces such as fiberglass, polyethylene, polycarbonate, metal and Lexan."

I like to use Vallejo Primers with airbrush for my bodies.
    Especially I do like Vallejo 73.606 German German Green Brown, used this for my 1/9, 1/12 and 1/32 Landrovers as only colour, covered only by Tamiya flat clear. Like it.

Bought one of those nice 1/24 D90 Pickups recently and want to give it the same colour as my other Landrovers (and make lights, windows, remove body pins, driver, etc...).

What is your advice?
    Can I use Vallejo Primer 73.606 outside on the lexan body directly or should I first spray a layer of Tamiya PS? (Which colour?).

Thank you,

Walter

I don’t think they’d last. Vallejo paint may stick to polycarbonate on a static model but not something that moves and flexes. If you’re going to paint on the outside either do a layer of PS first or some adhesion promoter primer.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Thank you!

Will put white Tamiya PS as "Primer for the Primer", rattlecan, and then Vallejo primer with airbrush, good idea?

BTW: Found this nice channel only yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfA...Hpf64vg/videos

And watched this video 1 1/2 hrs ago:

Very nice and highly interesting.
    Donno, why i missed out this channel for such a long time and why it has so few subscribers and views…

Walter