sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Defender D90 Rat Rod

That manifold looks sweet, must've been exhausting to build............
    Can't wait to see what you do with those door handles, keep up the awesomeness

Ooooh, will there be chain handles?!

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    That manifold looks sweet, must've been exhausting to build............
    Can't wait to see what you do with those door handles, keep up the awesomeness
    "BA DUM TSSS"

The handles should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingFinn View Post
    Ooooh, will there be chain handles?!
    Outside no. On the inside... I haven't yet decided how I will make the inner door panel.

Here is a bit more details on the setup.

I decided to fabricate working door handles for project D-Rat; they will be made out of the 3D printed parts I recently received and good old styrene with a ďcan-doĒ attitude!

Itís a work in progress; I went with a cam type latch design for its overall simplicity and strength.

In parallel to the latch system, I am further refining the first turbocharger pipe by shaping a bell mouth at one end.

D

Very ambitious and, as always, looks great!

badass . nice fab

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingFinn View Post
    Very ambitious and, as always, looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by pera2008 View Post
    badass . nice fab
    Thank you both.

I canít wait to hear this beast roar... brap... psht... braaap!

A compound turbo setup is in the works for the Cummins 4BT engine project D-Rat is being fitted with.

The up-pipe to the second turbo is done and both turbos are now glued to the exhaust collector.

The inlet pipe going from the secondary turbo to the intake of the primary is currently in progress.

I still need to figure out the exhaust stackís shape and orientation; straight up would be the obvious choice, but amongst the first things to probably be sheared off in a roll-over.

Looks like I have some thinking to do!

Also, the door handle conversion to Series 3 is still in progress; I am still refining of the cam profile and I still need to figure out how to modify the body side of the latch.

D

The fabrication of the compound turbocharger setup for D-Ratís scale Cummins 4BT engine is almost finished, this includes the exhaust stack; remaining are the pipes going to and from the intercooler.

The exterior of the doors, post new handle surgery, are ready for paint, I just need to slot the body to receive the latch and fabricate an inner door panel.

I replaced the original wooden rectangular center brace I made for the windshield section by a styrene one that matches the outer profile of the opening for some visual consistency and I finished shaping the katana shifter grip.

Also, for high stress joints, I am trying out a carbon and rubber reinforced superglue, which is black in color. Will be interesting to see how it fares out on the rocks.

D

more of this goodness

Gunna have to make sure your beadlocks are done up tight when all that mad boost comes on mate!
    patrol burnout 200 pixel.jpg
    More nice details, this beast is going to be full of cool things to look at.

I finished a few items on project D-Rat and advanced a few more.

The Deadpool spiked thru the head rear view mirror ornament is done, as well as a new front windshield, which was cut out of 1 mm thick Lexan.

For the front door conversation to Series 3; I carved the latch receiver on one side and trimmed the stock inner door panel to the new window opening. The second door is still in progress.

New side windows will follow soon after I am done with modifying both front doors.

D

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast