sbg  

LockedUp RC

Thread: What should i choose for my first airbrush kit?

Default What should i choose for my first airbrush kit?

Hi there, I'm about to buy a Mastercraft airbrush kit, does anyone here have this kit?

Buy one from the companies that are reputable. Paasche, Badger, Iawata.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

airbrushing is one of those things it takes skill and quality tools. you could buy the mastercraft. to play around with but IMO if you start to take it semi serious. you will want a high quality brush. Paasche H set is great for beginners. and use a standard tool air compressor. if you plan on trying with fine detail right away I would start with a iwata neo.

I agree with the above; buying a quality unit up front will help keep you interested. I started with a Iwata Eclipse and am very glad I did. I have used a budget unit and it was very inconsistent and did not lay down nearly as nice a pattern as the Iwata. It is a very good unit and if you have a hobby lobby nearby, you can get parts and accessories for it very easily. I also recommend a standard air compressor vs a dedicated airbrush unit. I use a small pancake type (3 gal) and once fully charged, it never kicks on again. Just add a good regulator and water trap. I purchased everything at my local hardware store. Good luck!

Thank you everybody...I got a Iwata Neo, I can't wait to use. Now I'm on the hunt of a small air compressor, I'll try find a second hand first.