sbg  

AE Element
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CrawlingFinn's 1st build: SCX10 II with Wrangler hard body

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingFinn View Post
    So, I guess I finished this build. At least for now. It's still missing skid plates and register plates though, and some small detailing etc. I'll do those soon but now I'll take it to local hobby fair and hopefully get to test it on indoors track this weekend. Unfortunately my driver has not arrived yet, it's almost month since I ordered it

Few pics of version 1:

Not Mr CommaD level scale engine but hides motor and servo.

I wonder if it's worthy of on the back window

I'll most likely have to make new bumpers soon but I hope everything else holds up for this summer and next winter I can rebuild it to version 2.
    Nice work! What method did you use to cut in the hood? I haven't worked with the plastic yet I have a similar Jeep body from eBay and banggood. Thanks !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Halme View Post
    I think we all agree so I took the liberty

Attachment 29745

Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    Truck looks awesome, course looks awesome- and so great to see a few sbg peeps playing together!

Nice once guys!
    Thanks! It was really great weekend, good times with like-minded fellas. Going to be smiling like an idiot tomorrow at work

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Nice build
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by neruda View Post
    It was nice to see this truck live (and you also). Car looked very nice and now with few battle scars even better!!
    It was great meeting you too! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by whatasteele View Post
    Nice work! What method did you use to cut in the hood? I haven't worked with the plastic yet I have a similar Jeep body from eBay and banggood. Thanks !

I used sewing thread for the cuts. First either drill a hole to the body line you want to cut or heat a needle and push it through that point, then feed some basic cotton thread through that hole and start doing sawing motion. It's relatively fast and incredibly precise. The thread is easy to guide through corners etc and cut is pretty smooth.

One pic from today:

The hobby fair is now over and Jeep has some things that need to be fixed and improved but more about those in the next episode!

How did the tires perform?

Quote Originally Posted by valheru View Post
    How did the tires perform?
    Quite nicely, on the rocks they are grip and fold well. On loose stuff they get packed up quite fast but with some wheelspeed they also clean up well. I'm happy with them, even though I will try Lil novas on them. Mostly because I'm curious to test 2 stage foams. Disclaimer: I'm not sure if these tires perform well enough for comps though as my experience in 1.9 scale tires is pretty limited and I haven't competed.

Lovely! Looks like a fun time meeting with friends. Jeep is looking nice too!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Lovely! Looks like a fun time meeting with friends. Jeep is looking nice too!
    Thanks Matt! It was really nice weekend and I'm also pretty happy how this build turned out. Even though there are many things that I will do differently on my next build.

Looks great. I hear the SBG sticker makes it climb better. Really clean look. Inspiring!

Nice to see it finished and crawling along :) Really clean and I love the enginge and the battery tray in the back. Looking forward to your next build!

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingFinn View Post
    Thanks Matt! It was really nice weekend and I'm also pretty happy how this build turned out. Even though there are many things that I will do differently on my next build.
    That's the beauty of this hobby, always something to change, modify, or do differently on the next build!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast