sbg  

RPP VS4 2018
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CrawlingFinn's 1st build: SCX10 II with Wrangler hard body

i love how simple it looks, but it is really nice total picture

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingFinn View Post
    Quite nicely, on the rocks they are grip and fold well. On loose stuff they get packed up quite fast but with some wheelspeed they also clean up well. I'm happy with them, even though I will try Lil novas on them. Mostly because I'm curious to test 2 stage foams. Disclaimer: I'm not sure if these tires perform well enough for comps though as my experience in 1.9 scale tires is pretty limited and I haven't competed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosejaw14 View Post
    Looks great. I hear the SBG sticker makes it climb better. Really clean look. Inspiring!
    That's true, had to hold it back after Halme slapped that sticker on it so that it wouldn't make the pro crawlers look bad! Thank you very much, I didn't want to overdo it right in the beginning so I kept it pretty simple, now I'll drive it and upgrade it when I feel like it and let it "evolve". I really like to read older build threads that have been going for few years as you can see how people have changed their builds over time, and that's what I'm aiming to do with this build too.

Quote Originally Posted by jshalvorsen View Post
    Nice to see it finished and crawling along :) Really clean and I love the enginge and the battery tray in the back. Looking forward to your next build!
    Thanks! Deciding that battery location and designing the battery compartment was big and challenging part of this build as I had no idea what I was doing but my aim was to hide the battery so well that you won't see any evidence of battery or battery leads even if the truck is upside down. And I managed to do that but price to pay for that was that the battery is a bit difficult to plug in. I'm getting pretty good at it though so it's not a huge problem. I'm also looking forward to building more, so many ideas! I'm probably going to build a scale garage next as I can't decide what truck I want to build next

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    That's the beauty of this hobby, always something to change, modify, or do differently on the next build!
    True! This hobby is so addictive, I'm constantly thinking about build ideas and finding inspiration from everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pera2008 View Post
    i love how simple it looks, but it is really nice total picture
    Thanks! I think it might need some Jeep emblems though, to make it look more scale. Just haven't found a good Wrangler sticker/emblem set yet.

Haven't got much done with the Jeep as Easter was family time but my driver arrived last week. He was on very slow boat from USA, shipping took over a month but I think it was worth the wait. May I introduce Ace Ventura, Pet Detective:

Even though I didn't have much time to work on the rig, I did manage to fix some issues I noticed at the hobby fair. Both front doors and tailgate were pretty keen to pop open while driving on rough terrain so I added some styrene to make the front door locks tighter and made a functional latch/lock for the tailgate. Previously it was only held closed with a magnet which wasn't enough. The new lock on the inside and accessible through the rear window. I try to get out on the rocks soon to see how it holds. This week I'm trying to get to designing and bending new bumpers and under armors.

South of the Mason Dixon just slightly, WV

She's got some nice scratches on her now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456