sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: CrawlingFinn's 1st build: SCX10 II with Wrangler hard body

thanks! can't wait to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnslim View Post
    thanks! can't wait to see.
    Here you go:

There you can see the M3x20mm stands in front and the 3D printed mounts in the back.

Another one of the rear mounts. The height there was critical as I wanted the battery compartment to be as low as possible. Now I have a bit limited options battery wise but the body sits low and battery is hidden.

Rear crossmember and shock mounts had to be redone as stock ones wouldn't work. I'm also using 80mm shocks to lower the ride height.

A small disclaimer, as this was my first build I ended making a bunch of things that I'd now do differently now. The body can be a pita to mount and battery connector is little difficult to reach with this current setup. If I was building new scx10ii with this same body again I'd try to figure those out. If you are not planning on cutting the hood open and having scale engine it will make your life much easier though as you have more room to play with. In the end it all depends on your preferences and intended use. If you are going to comp with the rig then I'd suggest you figure out some faster and more robust body mounting system. For me it takes maybe minute or two to mount the body if everything goes smoothly. If some wire decides not to co-operate and gets stuck somewhere than it will take a bit longer and it might ruin your comp if you were fixing trail breakage for example.

Bonus pic as it's #flexfriday!

Thanks! I’m guessing the two posts under the front seats are the front mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnslim View Post
    Thanks! I’m guessing the two posts under the front seats are the front mounts?
    You guessed right. I also forgot to mention that I narrowed the plastic skid plates so that the body sits tight on them and I removed the receiver box from left skid as it was too high.

I did the same. and I trimmed the lower body plastic trim piece because 1/1 doesn't have that Lower overhang. I might've messed up, because now I don't think I will have space for my esc and rx under the front seats.

Really nice build. Love the ride height and tire size.

I just bought this Team Raffee body and really love what you did. I downloaded your files for the hinges, and was wondering if you had files for the inner fenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Grover72 View Post
    I just bought this Team Raffee body and really love what you did. I downloaded your files for the hinges, and was wondering if you had files for the inner fenders?
    Nice to hear! Unfotunately I never finished the 3D printed inner fenders as I ended up making them from styrene.
    I have no idea what I'm doing. But trust me, I'm an engineer!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678