sbg  

AE Element

Thread: Crazy Idea for SCX10.2 Axle

Default Crazy Idea for SCX10.2 Axle

I couldnít think of any other place to put this. I have a crazy idea for an SCX10.2 axle. Without going into the details of the build, I am just looking to see if I can get the gear swapped to the other side in the axle. After a quick internet search, I found this axle fro SSD.

Hard to tell for sure, but it appears that the case internals is symmetrical from side to side. So my thought was I could just turn the gear around backwards. Itís been a minute since I have been in an axle, so based on memory both bearings are the same side to side. Am I missing something here? Any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7772.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	29186

http://www.ssd-rc.com/diamond-pro-re...-scx10-ii.html

Looking to make a passthrough? I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless he's designed the center section to be directional and we just can't tell from the photos.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Shoot a message to SSD if you're curious. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
    I quizzed them recently about offset pumpkins for scale builds (by offering a long and short side tube and axle option on their component style PRO44 diffs) They were extremely helpful and got back to me very quickly with a detailed answer.
    Oh, and on the offset pumpkins..... Keep an eye on their website, cool things come to those who wait.....

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Shoot a message to SSD if you're curious. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
    I quizzed them recently about offset pumpkins for scale builds (by offering a long and short side tube and axle option on their component style PRO44 diffs) They were extremely helpful and got back to me very quickly with a detailed answer.
    Oh, and on the offset pumpkins..... Keep an eye on their website, cool things come to those who wait.....
    thanks, I will try that.

Wes

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Looking to make a passthrough? I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless he's designed the center section to be directional and we just can't tell from the photos.
    Not a pass through, but that would be cool.

Wes

Got an email back from SSD. The center diff section is symmetrical. The only thing is you need to also flip the pinion so itís at the bottom not the top.

Wes