sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ze German (Raffee G-Class on a TRX-4)

Default Ze German (Raffee G-Class on a TRX-4)

Humans. Long time since I've posted here.. Still building stuff and driving. For my birthday last year I decided to get a TRX-4 kit, which I had a lot of fun building.

Love these axles, remote locking is fun

Sorry for the bad lighting, I got divorced and had to go live in a cave. All good though!

Anyway, then I was looking into bodies that are kinda naturally linked to portal axles, and came down to either a Killerbody LC70 or a Comanche clone. But then I decided to go all the way asshole and build a G-Wagon. I really just wanted a hard body kit with with interior. I love boxey cars n trucks n SUVs, and I've seen some G-Class builds with UniMog axles, and the new crazy person versions have them factory built, so I was like cheeaaaa.

The G-Class seems like it's the most hated on vehicle on the planet sometimes, especially the new psycho ones that somehow always seem to end up in shopping districts and in accidents in Russia. Mobsters love them, rappers borrow them for videos. But also they actually crawl and stuff.

The Raffee/Xtra speed one seems to be modeled after the very assholey 4x4˛, and looking at the hood it seems like it wants to be a Brabus version.

Iiiiiit's ugly! Well kinda, at least. I'm gonna tone it down a bit. But just a bit. The one-piece grill and the hood has to go. And that roof spoiler thing is not okay.

Found this thing that I liked:

And this, which just scares me:

Figured I'd go for something in between.

It's a slow process.. I'm commuting between 2 cities, got a baby in 1 of them and some kids in the other plus work and all types of weird things happening.. so bear with me here.

The body came, and it didn’t fit.

THE END

You could trim/remove the inner fender.
    I'm interested to see if the interior will clear the stock battery tray, it's a tight fit on a CFX-W.

Eheheeee... thanks buddy; I’m just kidding. Sorry! I’ll show you what I’ve got going on in a minute. First: expensive rims!!

Shipoing from AsiaTees was pretty fast actually. Big box. Cool.

went for a couple of choices for wheels, and I wanted some Method 105s for a while. The Racelines are 5-lug, which is more correct for a Benzie. But they’ll make for a pretty wide stance, poking outside the huge fender flares

Class 1 Hyraxes are nice, but - like Vanquish warned, they don’t fit the rims that well. Not bad, but not super tight. Tried the 1.7 MTs on, which I actually liked better. Oh, well.

This should be fun, I'm also doing a German something on some thing like this. But different.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Ahh all these somethings! Yes, should be fun. You got me curious about more german anythings. Of course I thought mine was the only thing. Then I saw on Big Squid that Traxxas has actually announced a RTR licenced lexan proper dickhead version of this exact german something, huge rims and all. But THAT DOESN’T COUNT.
    I made a YouTube channel just to show you how I ruined the chassis:
    (I also uploaded an intro video while pretending to be a dinosaur emoji, but then I got cold feet and made it private. let me know if you want to see it)

Quote Originally Posted by Daoger View Post
    Ahh all these somethings! Yes, should be fun. You got me curious about more german anythings. Of course I thought mine was the only thing. Then I saw on Big Squid that Traxxas has actually announced a RTR licenced lexan proper dickhead version of this exact german something, huge rims and all. But THAT DOESN’T COUNT.
    I made a YouTube channel just to show you how I ruined the chassis:
    (I also uploaded an intro video while pretending to be a dinosaur emoji, but then I got cold feet and made it private. let me know if you want to see it)
    So far so good. Who needs bumpers anyway? LOL!!!!!!!

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Hell, all they do is bump into things!! That’s actually one thing I’ll try to copy off that grey Brabus Lump: the rear (and maybe the front) bumper. It has a couple!

Edit: that Traxxas RTR G500 4x4 squarepants comes with a front bumper guard like the 1:1s. I’ll probably steal one.

Mind you: I said this is a slow process, and with all these posts you might think I was humblebragging about being super fast.. but this is just me dumping everything I did since september 2018. Just so you’re warned.
    If you look closely in this video you’ll notice I cut a weird hole in the interior, in front of the shotgun seat. At first I thought I’d let the T-Lock tower and cable just pop up out of the floor pan. It worked, but it turned out I still couldn’t lower the floor enough. So now it’s just a hole. HOLES!!

Cheap thing with holes that were too tight for me

My makeshift ESC mount. Fits so well I believe it was MEANT TO BE

Wowzers. Parts!

These are the shoes I put on when I have to go crawl over other G-Wagons at the mall in Vladivostok

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast