sbg  

GearHead

Thread: 3d Printing bodies or other various body parts

Default 3d Printing bodies or other various body parts

I've been involved with the rc hobby for a good spell, mainly aircraft. The amount of 3d printing for aircraft is insane. What I'm finding or am not looking at the right places, is a distinct lack of truck bodies and or parts to go along with the factory bodies. Am I missing something?

Yes. There's a ton of small time folks doing printing of bodies. Mfab (manitou liu) on Facebook is one of them. We have a whole 3D printing section, which I've moved this thread into so others can contribute.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Personally, I feel like there is only a small segment of 3D printed bodies out there at the moment, and Mfab leads the pack by leaps and bounds.

I feel like the segment is lacking a broad selections of quality bodies that are 3D printed or can be printed yourself. The big factor IMHO is that surface modeling is pretty difficult, and most people can't just pick up CAD and design bodies like they can simple parts. I have seen plenty bodies printed from models that are purchased from those "rendered vehicle file services", but they all have terrible curvature generation. There is so much finishing work in making those look right, that my first thought is always "why bother".

I think more will come in the future. It will just take people with the right skills and the drive to make it happen.
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

check out Scale 3D RC either on facebook or their website. He has created quite a large amount of good quality files and they are all around the $10 mark. I have printed several and they have all came out great. The downside is all his designs are slightly off from the factory, as he doesn't want anyone coming after his for copyright laws.
    Scale Builders Workshop on Facebook and Instagram

I just went through both of them. Totally impressed. I have a design I found, always loved the body style and this one is already drawn up as an off roader. Do you know if anyone offers design services? I have that picture in a bunch of different formats so it should be easy to modify to make a body from it.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I am venturing into 3d modeling and printing, and love the inspiration.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk