sbg  

RPP Associated

Thread: Oshkosh MATV

Default Oshkosh MATV

Saw this body and knew I had to make it. I also knew I had to make it my own. I have a pretty good laid out 6x6 chassis that was dying for a refresh. Did a little modifying of the file and Oshkosh now makes a 6x6 MATV, kind of. Actually living about 20 minutes away from the Oshkosh plant where these are built I do get to see quite a few and know people who also work on them. So it is satisfying to get to buil my own. Lol. I am also trying to design a way overpowered winch for this behemoth. It is coming along slowly but I think it should work. Truck is currently in pieces for the winter. Upgrading and refreshing it so I can demolish it at the KNKTTC in June.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wblteen View Post
    Saw this body and knew I had to make it. I also knew I had to make it my own. I have a pretty good laid out 6x6 chassis that was dying for a refresh. Did a little modifying of the file and Oshkosh now makes a 6x6 MATV, kind of. Actually living about 20 minutes away from the Oshkosh plant where these are built I do get to see quite a few and know people who also work on them. So it is satisfying to get to buil my own. Lol. I am also trying to design a way overpowered winch for this behemoth. It is coming along slowly but I think it should work. Truck is currently in pieces for the winter. Upgrading and refreshing it so I can demolish it at the KNKTTC in June.

Really Unique and Fantastic Build!! Really Sweet. I have 2 6x6's. A RC4WD Beast 2 and a custom puller using HPI Wheely King Axles, Twin brushed Brood Motors and a Tekin Fx-R ESC. Fulltime 6x6, motors wired parallel. Its easily twice the beast as the Beast 2. My Beast 2 is getting beefed up and im finalizing the custom interior build. Where did you find that body?! Ill search under OshKosh RC, and the other key words you used. Thanks for sharing. First one I've had the pleasure of seeing. Your winch is looking really great. Love the SCX10 Tranny idea. They do sell the winch for the Cross BC8 Mammoth Flagship seperate. It appears very HD and priced reasonably...Great Build!! PEACE.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Thank you. The file is from 3dlabprint, most of their files are RC planes but the have a couple of oddball files. I'll have to talk to Bob from Hobbytown, he imports all the CrossRC stuff. He is local to me so maybe I'll get to look at that winch firsthand.