sbg  

RPP Associated

Thread: HUM 3d question?

Default HUM 3d question?

I recently came across a website called https://hum3d.com/ where there appears to be a lot of 3d models of cars. I was just wondering if anyone on here as heard of or printed cars to use as Rc bodies.

Yes, with a giant BUT.

I paid through the nose for them to convert to a printable file. And it'll still need a ton of work on your end to slice it to fit on a printer, and it'll likely have a full interior you'll need to trim out, etc. Never mind all the little bits and pieces to separate so you can print them in a higher res.

Not for the faint of heart, or light of wallet.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Yes, with a giant BUT.

I paid through the nose for them to convert to a printable file. And it'll still need a ton of work on your end to slice it to fit on a printer, and it'll likely have a full interior you'll need to trim out, etc. Never mind all the little bits and pieces to separate so you can print them in a higher res.

Not for the faint of heart, or light of wallet.
    Almost seemed too good to be true. Thanks for the tip

This might be a better option.

https://www.scale3drc.com/

I just finised printing one of their bodies. Quality is good. Print files are not expensive. They are however non-licenced, but for most it it pretty clear what the original model is. No interiors and you have to figure out body posts and windows yourself. Offcourse if you add all that and add some logo's, you will end up with something special.

It is sure a good alternitave for a ABS body. And less to mess with the files.