sbg  

GearHead

Thread: Imthatguy prints some junk.

Default Imthatguy prints some junk.

Some of you may have seen my Range Rover Classic wheels. I designed them in Fusion360 and printed them on the Tornado. Pretty happy with the results!

I've also taken on the exhaustive task of converting an existing file to be printer ready so I can build my miniature version of my full size Wrangler JL. It's been fun-ish...

More to come on this one and an actual build thread once I get a couple other projects out of the way.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Very nice work.

I've printed the 4 thumb wheel adjusters and I'm now onto the spool holder. So far so good, other than not sticking to the bed well.

Looks great! Will you be offering those for sale or download?
    JL looks great too. How do you like the 1/1 version? Iím digging the new design. Grill, vents, interior, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    Very nice work.

I've printed the 4 thumb wheel adjusters and I'm now onto the spool holder. So far so good, other than not sticking to the bed well.
    3M Blue Painter's Tape is all you need for that. Works incredibly well directly taped to the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by PendulumRC View Post
    Looks great! Will you be offering those for sale or download?
    JL looks great too. How do you like the 1/1 version? I’m digging the new design. Grill, vents, interior, etc.
    Love my Wrangler, for a Jeep.

Wheels are up on the Shapeways store:
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/2A...ionId=80429795

Looking forward for another 3D printed body, specially one made by Mr. Guy himself!!

Doing a 4door?

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

I love the JL body print. I know this is an old thread but could you share some info on your process and resources? Is the build thread still a possibility? I've got a JLUR in the garage and would love to have an RC body to match it.

Quote Originally Posted by dpod View Post
    I love the JL body print. I know this is an old thread but could you share some info on your process and resources? Is the build thread still a possibility? I've got a JLUR in the garage and would love to have an RC body to match it.
    File came from Hum3D.com. And required extensive changes to be printable. It got scaled, sectioned, and is going to require a bunch of extra work once the print is done to fit on a chassis. Not really ready for primetime. So much effort, and most people would be really disappointed with the amount of effort required.