sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freestyle RC Carbon ZRD : GTA Liberator Build

Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    I love this thing!! Excited to see what body you go with... though the cage/frame is perfect just by itself anyway!
    Good to hear!, I'm really enjoying it myself. The body is sort of a surprise, I hope to be getting it soon.

Once the Axles are cut down, there is plenty of clearance to get a tool in to bolt them to the output shafts.

Yes, love me some monster truck and this thing is gonna be awesome. Keep the pictures coming

Can do. The wheel hubs that are included with the kit, are designed to bolt up to the JConepts Tribute Monster Truck wheels, I'm also going with the Firestorm tires. You can also use the Renegades with these rims.

The Shocks are intended to be from a Savage, and while I have a set of 8 Savage shocks, I also was able to get some Integy MSR5 Shocks. I actually ordered MSR4 and they gave me these at that price due to not having the ones I ordered in stock as originally listed when I placed the order, so big thanks to Integy!

The tires turned out pretty good, once all glued up and assembled with the hubs.

The shocks are currently setup with 35 weight oil, though I'm not sure if this is going to be too heavy or if I just need softer springs.

No Truck like this would be complete without Tote wheels, I'm using the 3D printed ones that JConcepts provides on Shapeways, https://www.shapeways.com/product/GV...ionId=62135677

The tires are the JConcepts Diamond Bar buggy tires.

The tolerance and fitment was really good, and I only needed to grind one of the four wheels a little to get the wheel hubs to fit inside.

Oh man the transport wheels are killer. Do believe I'll have to pick a set up for the Crusher!

Thanks Crawler Addict. They certainly are.

To finish out the Axles I decided to go with the Traxxas 2250 Servo.

I also picked up some GRAINGER 8/32 thread 3/8 spacers in Aluminum.

All assembled and with link mounts, I feel like these Axles are looking very nice.

For power, I decided to go with a Castle Creations Sensored 1512 Mama X Monster 2650kv brushless system and a Robinson Racing Hardened 18t metal pinion gear.

The all metal transmission will be lubricated with Cow RC Udder butter.

The Included motor mounting screws that Castle provides are simply not long enough for the transmission, though there were a few screws in the kit, that are a perfect fit.

The plan is to relocate the ESC to the rear using some of the 3-D printed cage braces and so the motor is installed upside down.

With the motor in Place, the ESC needs to be secured, and by installing the rear cockpit bracing and rear cage pieces I have a place to mount the ESC and the power wires can run freely into the battery compartment.

At this point, I also started to mount up the assembled Axles and shocks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast