sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freestyle RC Carbon ZRD : GTA Liberator Build

Default Freestyle RC Carbon ZRD : GTA Liberator Build

First off I'd like to thank Josh with Freestyle RC as this is a fantastic kit and a really fun build so far. I would also like to thank RexRacer19 for their help in answering my questions and the information that their build thread has provided me in kicking mine off. http://scalebuildersguild.com/forum/...e-RC-ZRD-Build

I'd also like to thank and give a shoutout to CC X RC and their ZRD Build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycMo...tH-TiOsTeKuLo2

These are the items that were included with mine. I'm going to take a closer pic of the frame soon as I'm seeing that the carbon is hard to see in this picture.

I’m not well versed in monster trucks but what axles are those? They look beefy.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    I’m not well versed in monster trucks but what axles are those? They look beefy.
    These are the Freestyle RC axles, Aluminum version, and yes these things feel very bomb proof.

The carbon on this frame, really does look good up close.

Very cool! I am looking forward to watching your build. I know you have ordered some of the bracing I designed and have been waiting to see someone use it with the carbon fiber chassis. I think it will look pretty awesome.
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
    Very cool! I am looking forward to watching your build. I know you have ordered some of the bracing I designed and have been waiting to see someone use it with the carbon fiber chassis. I think it will look pretty awesome.
    Yes, I certainly did, I would also love for those wheels you designed to become an option in the store as well. I also recently ordered the front braces and the body mounts as well. https://www.shapeways.com/shops/mod1...ruck+Parts&s=0

I really dug RexRacers build. This will be great to watch.

I don't know anything about the monster trucks, but should go try and learn more...

In addition to what is included with the kit, there are several items required to complete it, besides the electronics.
    The differentials, drive shafts, and axle bearings, are all Traxxas parts from either an emaxx or a T Maxx. I used two half shafts for my center drive shafts and just put another diff coupling on in place of the threaded axle.

The Axles for these are a thing of beauty!, they appear to be literally bomb proof in construction. The Differential slots perfectly and snugly into place, held in by the cover that hosts the upper link mounts.

As you can see, the shafts are much longer than what is needed, they need to be cut down based on what spacers you use for the variable track width of the truck, there are three options, none, 3/8 , and 3/4. There is a handy packet included with the kit and it calls out the lengths to cut them. I'm going with the 3/8 spacers, at least for now.

I love this thing!! Excited to see what body you go with... though the cage/frame is perfect just by itself anyway!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast