Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's got what?

Was running a Tinkerine Litto on loan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	litto.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	27755

Then went with 2x Creality Ender 3 once the pre sale popped up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ender3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	27756

I had two wanaho printers made good prints but the machine itís self is garbage both are now down and keep frying the main board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several years ago Hobby King was selling a 'turnigy' brand printer, 150mm table cube, mostly enclosed, and arduino controls. For a small printer, it's got a nice feature list. I've learned to stop messing with my settings.... printing ONLY ABS on it since day 1. If the print sucked, it was historically a head clog or the thermistor line broken. That's the only issues I've ever had with it.
    I did make a cardboard enclosure for it that looks like a church haha! The sides are covered in, and it's got a giant steeple on it to cover the overhead reel of material... this also keeps the material heated and dried actually. Works great! It's 40c inside after preheat.

Default Who's got what?

Anycubic 4max and so far it's been quite easy to operate, using a raspberry pi zero (everyone said the raspberry pi sucks with octoprint) and works quite smoothly. The customer service from anycubic is actually worth to mention, it is simply outstanding. The ultrabase is fantastic, I've never used masking tape or even hairspray to get better adhesion. While the bed is hot it's practically impossible to get the parts off but when it's cool, parts come out super easy. Spares are all over the web so it's not an issue to get them. In my personal experience I must add it's not so much about the printer (of course the build quality is important) but it's much more about finding the perfect settings and slicer software that can suit better your printer capabilities. If you design a crappy item and use a crappy slicer with the wrong settings there's no way a 3 thousand dollars printer can give you a perfect print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own an Afinia H800. I wanted a printer that would accel at printing ABS. Since it's all enclosed with a heated platform, I'm able to print large flat objects without warping or edges lifting (usually). What I hate about it is it has no way to detect if a clog occurs or if it runs out of filament. The amount of wasted filament caused by clogs over the years is absolutely ridiculous.

Form 2 is able to print some amazing detail but the entry cost and dollars to operate are quite high. I would just send files to Shapeways or Xometry for something that can't be done with an FDM at home.

If I was buying a machine now I would go one of two ways depending on budget; Creality CR10 or a Lulzbot Taz 6. All Taz 6 owners I know are super-happy with their purchase.

Reign in expectations when it comes to these tools. They are not magic boxes that just spit out perfect models every time.
    Expect to have issues with whatever printer you get. I maintain large Stratasys and 3DS machines at work and they often have issues.

Don't cheap out on filament. Garbage filament usually yields poor results. I've had good success with Hatchbox and Octave filaments.

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post

Reign in expectations when it comes to these tools. They are not magic boxes that just spit out perfect models every time.
    Expect to have issues with whatever printer you get. I maintain large Stratasys and 3DS machines at work and they often have issues.

Don't cheap out on filament. Garbage filament usually yields poor results. I've had good success with Hatchbox and Octave filaments.
    THIS. I've discovered it to be more art than science, despite it being mostly science. No matter the bed levelling, filament, software, firmware, printer, sometimes it's just not going to print. And other times, the whole machine is defective! Ha!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I've got a Creality Ender 3, some tweak time and it prints absolutely great. I plan on ordering a 2nd one after the 1st of the year. I've been running eMachineshop with Cura and I print directly from the printer and it works great. I'd like to learn another program, since eMachineshop has had issues with some of what I have tried to do. The reason I haven't yet, is I love the eMachineshop interface.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Subbing. Definitely want to get one soon. Creality Ender looks good for the price, have you guys had any issues with adjusting the bed, or it being warped at all? My budget is small, so an auto leveling feature is likely out.

Quote Originally Posted by PendulumRC View Post
    Subbing. Definitely want to get one soon. Creality Ender looks good for the price, have you guys had any issues with adjusting the bed, or it being warped at all? My budget is small, so an auto leveling feature is likely out.
    The original bed mat warped a little over time, but I'm not using a glass bed and it prints so much better than before even. I just pulled some parts this morning and they don't even need smoothing to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by James720 View Post
    The original bed mat warped a little over time, but I'm not using a glass bed and it prints so much better than before even. I just pulled some parts this morning and they don't even need smoothing to be honest.

Cool, thanks! What type of material do you normally print with it?

Also, do you guys mind sharing how much you paid for the Ender? I see it on Amazon right now for $240. Found a new in box one locally on CL for $200.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast